The Circle (Closed to all except The Circle)

Home Forums Annie’s Inn The Circle (Closed to all except The Circle)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pride Pride 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wrath
    Wrath
    Participant

A figure wrapped in black stood and the shoreline once more. He donned his mask of black and red, “come out. I know your here. I can smell you. I bring news and revelations” He said in a hushed voice.

Profile photo of Wrath
    Wrath
    Participant

A figure wrapped in black stood and the shoreline once more. He donned his mask of black and red, “come out. I know your here. I can smell you. I bring news and revelations” He said in a hushed voice.

Profile photo of Pride
    Pride
    Participant

“News? What news? Thou shall speak with haste, the more we meet the quicker we will get rooted out.” Pride spoke softly. Her footsteps stalked from the tree line. Her dark robes were clean unmarred from the forests filth. Her mask shimmered as she approached Wrath.

Profile photo of Wrath
    Wrath
    Participant

The light of the moon snuffed out by the clouds that obscured the sky. A robed figure stood once again at the shoreline, although another figure, shorter than the first stood next to it.  “You are to become a soldier of the Circle. An allegiance born of power and knowledge. I will give you a new name, you will be reborn in the circle with the name, Chaos. May you reach what you desire, and with my guidance you will be the strongest of your kind. My brothers will know of your existence and may request your aid. Pay them heed for they are just as dangerous as I.”  The figure turned to see a glow coming from the path.  A young man strolled down the path with a pitchfork in one hand and a torch in the other. “We will be seen, we must remain hidden until the time is right.”

Profile photo of Wrath
    Wrath
    Participant

The light of the moon snuffed out by the clouds that obscured the sky. A robed figure stood once again at the shoreline, although another figure, shorter than the first stood next to it. “You are to become a soldier of the Circle. An allegiance born of power and knowledge. I will give you a new name, you will be reborn in the circle with the name, Chaos. May you reach what you desire, and with my guidance you will be the strongest of your kind. My brothers will know of your existence and may request your aid. Pay them heed for they are just as dangerous as I.” The figure turned to see a glow coming from the path. A young man strolled down the path with a pitchfork in one hand and a torch in the other. “We will be seen, we must remain hidden until the time is right.”

I missed the last post, reply is below

As Pride stepped forward from the shadows with her mask adorned Wrath made for her. “A soldier of suffering has been selected and will soon be inducted. I intend to give them the name Chaos and set them on their first trial. I require your input on what trial we would like to use.”

Profile photo of Pride
    Pride
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>“Very well Wrath, I propose a trial by fire. There has been an influx of new travelers with in Freehold his job should be to kill one of them. Now they wander through our woods, through our territory uninhibited and undeterred. Even if you fails the point will have been made. But first we have to deal with this minor annoyance.” Pride’s voice was firm with conviction. </span>
    <span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Her body contorted and twisted as she removed her mask. Her face shifted as it quickly started to resemble the elven face of Auri but was otherwise still very much human.. With a sweet tone Pride called out “Oh please help me good sir I’ve lost my way I’m trying to find the way back to town. My two guards here also don’t know the way could you please help us?” the conditions did not allow the farmer to see her face sneer to the right as she approached. </span>

Profile photo of Wrath
    Wrath
    Participant

(Reply to previous post) The farmer was a cog in a larger machination. “This has to be done, through disorder we will bring enlightenment,” With that he drew his sword and began to make his way to the farmer.

(Flashback to august 2017 moon) In town in a dark corner behind the inn the masked figure stands. A whirling shroud of darkness surrounds it. He holds a letter in his hand out to another figure just as shrouded. “Take this to them and let them decide. The circle must grow as you know. We must bring Chaos into the fold.”

(Current) The body of the farmer now gone, buried in an unmarked grave. “Pride, Greed, Envy, give me your words once more, the trial proctor has been chosen, a citizen of Freehold was elected and they will make contact with the initiate and provide them the details of their trial. I have decided a trial by fire would be appropriate for this instance, bath them in the hell fire of the vault.”

Profile photo of Sloth
    Sloth
    Participant

A dim light appeared up the road, crawling slowly along its length. In its light Sloth shuffled sluggishly forward through the night. His travels had taken him far from Freehold. Urgent business, he had called it, though what it would take to make one such as he move with haste they could not guess.

He came upon them standing around a low mound of fresh Earth. “Did I miss the fun already? For the best, I suppose, I’m weary from the walking as is. Tell me, then, what our next step is. I have been gone too long and my blade itches to sing again.”

Profile photo of Pride
    Pride
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>”It appears as though that the circle of suffering is growing, Sloth.” Prides words were still a she polished her mirror. Her voice was calm and collected. “Pay no mind to the mound it was inevitable that someone were to stumble upon one of our meetings.  News has been given that Wrath has found a suitable replacement for Lust and they will make a fine addition for our movement I’m sure. But a proper introduction into the circle will take place soon…”</p>
    Pride moved with grace and elegance as she motioned to Sloth. “Sloth you are weery, let us drop this ruse and enjoy some refreshments. We have non circle business to discuss in length. Let us meet again when Lust is suitable to be inducted… I shall meet you in the inn in an hour or so… ” Pride’s words had a hint arrogance and as her words were spoken she slid her mirror back into her dark heavy robes. Her steps slow and steady as she walked towards the Jotun encampment.
    <p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.