Staying Behind

Home Forums Annie’s Inn Staying Behind

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Daniel Wenteler Daniel Wenteler 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Shelby Miller
    Shelby Miller
    Participant

The morning hours shined through the window’s of Annie’s Inn, casting away the darkness of the night prior. A particular quick tempered elf squinted as the sunlight washed over the table she sat at, waking her up from the small nap she took. A groan of annoyance escaped her lips as she moved her hand to protect her eyes from the sun as she looked around. Her weapons as always were within arms reach in case if danger however a nearly empty cup set closer, reminding her of pervious activity of drinking the night before. Delphie’s green eyes studied the cup for a few moments, grumbling a few curses under her breath before stumbling to her feet and grabbing the cup. The Gohrrim’s feet carried her over to the opposite side of the room where she filled the cup with ale, and returning to the table where she held her head in her hands for some time in thought.

While most people decided to return back to their kingdoms, the elf had been reluctant to return back to her home with everything that had happened. With a missing King, weakened capital, and devastated clan who’s head would no doubt be full of rage, Delphie hadn’t put herself up to taking the trip back home. The possibility of a civil war occurring throughout their land was very possible, it wouldn’t do her any good to be apart of the friction that was occurring. Knowing her luck, she’s end up doing something foolish. Surely her mother would have a lot to say about her lack of visit but she would deal with that later. Perhaps she could have Onora write up a letter on her behalf to ease her mother who was as hot blooded as she.

Settling on that idea, the warrior lifted her head from her hands and took took a gulp of her drink despite the early hours of the day.

There was an Elfin lady Bright,
    The Sun shines fair on Fir' Bolg wall.
    And she would marry a Gohrrim Knight,
    For Love is still the lord of all.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Wild Elf ~ Fir' Bolg

Profile photo of Chahar Rogers
    Chahar Rogers
    Participant

Onora awoke with a start. Her sleep these days was riddled with nightmares and worse. Tonight had involved Jaxxor telling her she would never become a master of loci. That her allies faith in her was misplaced. The elf shook her head and tried to clear her thoughts. There was no denying her stress at this point. The last stage of her training was coming up, the conflict at home was becoming intense. Heading toward the inn, the grey witch decided that being amongst her allies would be good for her.

The inn was quiet and mostly empty, except for one other elf. Delphie. Her tankard was already full, despite the early hour. She looked solemn and almost irritable.

“Hey there, lass.”

Gohrrim, Wildling, Grey Witch

Shelby Miller
    Participant

The blonde’s head turned, sending a wave of blonde hair to move in the hair as she looked over to see the familiar face. Delphie paused for a few moments before answering, debating on what to say to her clan sister. Would she tell her that she was worried about how things were going, whould she speak about the possibility of Gohrrim getting into war with others from her kingdom was very high if they didn’t get more information on that beast that attacked, or perhaps tell her that they were pretty much screwed at this point with out Baelor. No. Instead she decided to go with the next best conversation starter.

“Morning.” The elf spoke the one word with false smirk, lifting her drink to her lips again to take another drink before setting the glass down. The warrior elf then kicked her feet up on the table as well in a lounging position as she was known to not have the best table manners in Freehold. Delphie’s eyes glancing over the disheveled appearance of her friend for a moment as she stretched in her seat a bit. “You look like hell, haven’t been sleeping much? ” The blonde spoke freely and ever so honest as usual as she picked up on of her axes, studying the weapon to see if it needed sharpening.

Chahar Rogers
    Participant

“I haven’t been, no,” Onora walked over and flopped into the chair across from the armswoman, “You’d do well not to remind me though. Or I’ll be writing your mum for extra dresses.” Grinning at the woman across from her, she leaned her head back. Delphie was nothing if not honest and upfront about her thoughts. While the wildling appreciated this, she wasn’t in the mood to discuss her nightmares right now. Her clan mate had never known Jaxxor. She might not understand the grey witch’s fear of failing him or his memory.  Taking a deep breath, she grinned at her companion.

“No one is coming to fight you this early in the morning. Put the axes down. The ale, too. Or you’ll end up like our cousin Grugak, banned from the inn and 500 gold in debt to Indie.” Grabbing up the remaining axe, Onora held out her hand for the other. She was sure Delphie was going to argue with her. Good. It’d keep her distracted from much heavier topics.

Shelby Miller
    Participant

Onora confirmed her lack of sleep as she took the seat by the blonde elf who only briefly took her eyes off her weapon to look towards her friend with a stern look as she threatened to letter writing skills if Delphie continued. “Well you wouldn’t be able to write if you didn’t have fingers…” Mumbled under her breath with light humor, clearly jesting with Grey witch beside her who seriously had it out for the warrior to put her in more dress wear. “Well that makes two of us who can’t” She spoke simply as she decided not to push the subject farther, they all had their reasons on not being able to sleep at night. Regardless of the reason, they both were awake. “Which speaking of me Mum, were gonna have to get a message out to her so she doesn’t rip apart a kingdom looking for us.”

The moment  when Onora mentioned to put the axe down and stop her drinking, she shrugged Onora off and picked up her drink as if to mock the proposal. However when the dark haired Gohrrim took the other ax from it’s resting place on the table, the blonde reacted quickly. Her relaxed position changed and her feet moved from the table to the floor. The cup she had been using had fallen back on the table, over turned and drenching the table with the remainder of it’s contents.

“Onora….” She growled slightly, clearly annoyance on her face despite the drinking she was completing this morning along with last night. “An attack can happen at any point in time and I’d rather have both me arms by me’ side.” Her accent thick in her words as she held her own hand out to have the weapon returned to her. Delphie’s eyes looking towards her friends, a serious expression in them despite their slightly glazed look due to the drinking. “Please…”

Profile photo of Daniel Wenteler
    Daniel Wenteler
    Participant

Seamus opened the door to the inn and walked in, both of his eyes were mostly closed as he shuffled slowly his way towards the counter. Very softly he grumbled under his breath incoherent speech. Grabbing himself a fresh cup of the Inn’s coffee he shuffled to one of the corner tables and planted himself in a seat. Taking a sip of his coffee his eyes finally glanced around the room and spotted the two others from his kingdom. He rose his cup in silent greeting before putting it back to his lips.

“How’s it goin? Sorry I wasn’t around… Just returned from the kingdom. Got caught up dealing with something which delayed me just long enough to miss everyone here apparently. I miss anything besides the usual crud that wants to kill the town and its people?” His eyes focused as he finished the first cup and quickly got up for a second.

Seamus O'Leary of the Bog O'Leary of the Clan O'Leary of the family O'Leary of the name O'Leary, Dyed-man of King Baelor and Demon of the Bog

Chahar Rogers
    Participant

Sighing, Onora handed her the weapon. Ignoring Seamus for a moment, she gave Delphie a long look.
    “I’m asking as your clan mate and friend to ease back on the drinking there, lass. We can’t have you drunk and jumpy.”

Shelby Miller
    Participant

The blonde Elf of Gohrrim’s eyes didn’t leave her friend’s eyes despite the loud footsteps entering the inn. It was only until the cool metal of the well crafted axe was returned to her grasps did she break contact to look towards the the newcomer. “Ah Seamus, took you long enough. I don’t suppose you brought any good liquor back. I could sure use some.” Delphie spoke with a smirk as she raised both of her feet back to rest on the table where they had been before. The blonde adjusted the wild curls of blonde that brushed into her face as she moved the weapons to the opposite side of the table where Onora would have more difficult reaching for them. The blonde sending her friend a daring grin to attempt to reach them again.

“Any updates on the kingdom Seamus? ” The warrior spoke loudly so the man across the room could her as he refilled his drink. Ignoring his question regarding Freehold as she hoped he had news about the the full damage to the capital due to the face takers or even maybe something was heard about the beast that had attacked her clan not long ago. As the elf  asked these questions reached for her glass of ale once more but stopped when her classmate spoke an objection against the drinking. Delphie moved her eyes back to Onora and had been about to snap back with a persnickety comeback, though the elfin girl noticed the concern on the gray-witch’s face. After a long moment of debating, she gave in. “Fine……” She spoke, as she took one last chug of the drink and finished it, pushing the cup away from her signifying that it would be her last for now. Her head turned back to the Fir’ Bolg man for answers.

Profile photo of Daniel Wenteler
    Daniel Wenteler
    Participant

Seamus had a look as if his pride had been wounded as one of the two elves asked him a question about his liquor. “Do I have good liquor with me… Ouch. That sorta hurt my actual frozen heart.” He let out a sly smile and nodded his head outside. “I packed it away in our usual camping spot.” He raised in eyebrow in curiosity to the movement Delphie made with sliding her weapons suddenly over but then shrugged. He didn’t understand elves, or other boggers, or anything really that wasn’t involved in his crafts. His face soured though at her question. He didn’t answer finishing his drink instead and several moments later he finally spoke.

“It’s pure chaos. No one trusts no one right now, and all the major heads are accusing the other’s of being face-takers now. Plus then theirs the issue of the beast that attacked. I’ve heard everything from Demon, to ancient bog horror, to disguised members of a certain clan.” He stopped speaking again and stared into his cup, seeming to try and look for the answer to the universe in it. “So absolutely nothing has changed in our kingdom.” He let out a very hollow laugh. That was more forced then anything else.

Seamus O'Leary of the Bog O'Leary of the Clan O'Leary of the family O'Leary of the name O'Leary, Dyed-man of King Baelor and Demon of the Bog

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.