Spells: Spell-Storing Melee VS Touch

Home Forums Rules Spells: Spell-Storing Melee VS Touch

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jordan Jordan 5 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

I was looking at the ‘Witch-Blade’ which can store a non-ritual, Basic, Bolt or Touch spell inside of it. Some spells don’t have the keywords Bolt or Touch, but they have Melee. Personally, I would have thought that Melee and Touch are synonymous enough to be the same keyword, but at the same time they are NOT the same keyword, so I wanted to be sure. There was also the thought in my head that the Touch keyword is meant to be for Support-type effects and Bolt is meant to be Offensive; therefore, Melee would be like an Offensive Touch?

An additional question I had after typing this all out: Do spells without the Touch keyword that later unlock Touch effects gain the Touch Keyword? For example, the Gift of Graceful Waters spell (assuming you have Spiritual Bond to store a Complex spell) states:

Favor of the Spirits skill: If you reach one of your Favored by the end of this count, you may touch them (with a hand or weapon) and say “Heal 10” to regain 10 HP.

Anyway, the main questions are:

1. Does the Melee keyword count as the Touch keyword?
    2. Do spells that gain a Touch effect gain the Touch keyword?
    Profile photo of Rules Director
    Rules Director

Jordan,

1. No, it does not.

2. No, they do not.

Edit: As you know, Keyword specificity is important. This is why most bonuses to healing specify that they only improve “healing-type” spells… Revive spells are not “healing-type spells”.

"The End to War, the End to Pain,
    these will come in Seventh's reign"

Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

Ahh gotcha gotcha, I understand. Sorry for the load of questions over the last couple weeks. Most of them are self-explanatory I feel so I feel bad, but sometimes there’s a case like Kayla’s Cry Havoc question where certain phrases or words still exist on the webpages that no longer should exist. So, I wanted to get clarifications in case something I’m explaining to someone is an up-to-date rule or not. Thank you for putting up with my shenanigans though! xD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.