Shopping in Port Dawson (Open for all)

Home Forums Annie’s Inn Shopping in Port Dawson (Open for all)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Shelby Miller 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Shelby Miller
    Participant

Surrounded by enemies with no change of escape. Everywhere she turned, there seemed to be another villain in disguise. A temptress that would surely lead the elven girl to her demise..

Or at least that’s how the Gohrrim girl thought as she stood in the back of one of the shops in Port Dawson. The girl of rage and perhaps a too small caliber of restraint stood among the waves of multicolored fabrics, in a small clothing store. The place was slightly stuffy and the place has a weird smell of smelling like everything. Perhaps it was the import of different items form different kingdoms. From inside, you could hear the loud banging of residents hard at work rebuilding one of the inn’s roofs.

The town of Port Dawson was still rebuilding from Portia’s destructive wave in November. Demonic creature landed on the shores spreading their swarms upon the land but eventually with time, hopefully the town would be returned to its former glory. The same couldn’t be said about Fir’ Bolg. The capital was no more, her home in a Gohrrim was obliterated. She couldn’t return there now though. Blood still needed to be shed, the battle needed to be seen through before she could go home… back to what was left of it.

Delphie gazed over at the bright witch nearby who advertised the idea to get out of Freehold and all the heavy weight it held for a little bit. The Freehold veteran suggest them two moons back that both of them head to the Port for some new clothes, a distraction from everything that was happening. Violet did have her way with her words for sure and had convinced the warrior to travel with here promise of battle worthy gear. The blondes glared back at a frilly purple dress, mentality shooting daggers at it before stating loudly for Violet and the shopkeep and anyone else in the store to here.

“I’m not wearing that. That has damsel in distress all over it. I might scream out to my enemies “Come kidnap me, I’m helpless waiting for a boneheaded Pendrakken Knight to save me!””. The blonde hair girl mimicked a high pitched squeal, mocking a helpless victim while tossed back her blonde hair. Clearly the elf still hadn’t learned great manners yet.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Dyed Woman ~ Hand of the Enovy of Fir’ Bolg

Bitch of the Bolg

Steph
    Participant

“I thought you might want to do that some time,” Violet said distractedly, looking at different dresses nearby. “There’s a jolt when they realize they miscalculated, and you have a few extra moments to act. I know you are generally straightforward, but subterfuge has its moments.”

She smiled at the shopkeeper, probably used to having reluctant people dragged into their store to browse their wares… but maybe not people as well-armed. Or as irritated. Or reaching as quickly for their axes. She made a mental note to not leave the store without buying something.

“Someone told me about this shop once,” she continued, thinking about a friend who wore green and black that swirled in the wind. “They get clothing and fabrics from all across Midworld, so we should probably look through these while-” While we still can. While those places still exist.

She paused for a moment, then held up a shawl decorated with swirls and waves to the warrior. “What about this? Would you want to add accessories that are easy to shed? Or is there something you want to have, like no sleeves or a certain color? Brown and red?”

Violet Rayne! Savior of Midworld, Breaker of Winds, Slammer of Doors, and Knower of Things.

Shelby Miller
    Participant

Delphie Cu Gorhrrim’s frown had moved into a small satisfying smile at her alley’s idea. The blonde had to admit again that Violet definitely had a way with her words in the mention of placating her enemies to get the advantage in fight. Hell, her blonde hair had led to the doom of more than one bandit who had mistook her for someone helpless. Oh were they wrong indeed. The smile curved into a slight smirk at the memory of these confrontations. Blood for the Unsmiling one as she said.

“I mean, I guess your right but still…I don’t see a pretty princess dress being the best thing to go off into Immortal battle in.”

Delphie stubbornly added as she adjusted shoulder holster that held her two axes, a familiar holster but barely used as she normally carried her axes around. Stormbringer was had been left back at the house in the hinterlands. The immortal weapons ability to be summoned to her at any time and electric shock to anyone who touched it, made it the ideal place to be. Additionally her leaving it on top of Traquil’s bed made it even better as Delphie could help but enjoy her simple jokes.
    Delphie’s eyes glanced to a table of objects of necklaces, pendants, pens, and other charms as Violet discussed how she found the shop. The blonde’s battle weathered finger ran across the table of shiny items before noticing the pause in the Pendrakken’s words as she spoke about shopping. Delphie looked table to Violet whose brown eyes had already moved colorful scarf in her hands. It was pretty, much like one she would see Commandante, the human now demon of the Riverfolk wearing. “Well Red is one of those colors that some people wear when they don’t want anyone to seem them bleed. Seems a little, boring and cliché… though I guess brown would have been more of Eirwyn color then.” Delphie spoke wittily to Violet’ suggestion, as much harsh words she spoke, the blonde would admit to herself and herself alone she missed her comrade of Dagger club and cowardly ally of Fir’ Bolg since is possible demise moons ago.

Bitch of the Bolg

Steph
    Participant

“Well, why not? I consider it a challenge!” Violet said breezily. “Dress as nicely as you can while fighting the toughest fights. It makes you seem that much of a better warrior. Or it runs more salt in their wounds, I suppose.” She shifted her weight, thinking. “Or maybe that’s mean. Personally I like the feeling when my skirt and cape swirl.”

She ran her fingers along the edge of the scarf as Delphie spoke. The material was slightly textured but not as soft as she thought it would be. Sturdy though. But she immediately stopped at Eirwyn’s name. The cheerful smile disappeared, just for a moment, and was replaced with a more muted one. “I suppose brown is his color.” Violet set the scarf down with care.

She did notice something change with the other woman but decided not to pry. “You do wear a lighter green dress a lot. Would you want something in a similar color? People in Freehold tend to be named- I mean, dress in certain color palettes.” She plucked at her own blue sleeve for emphasis, seemingly ignoring her own verbal misstep and the dark blue favor on her belt. “Greens and browns are a nice combination.” She continued. “Very Fir’bolg. But you can dress however you want. So how do you want to dress?”

Violet Rayne! Savior of Midworld, Breaker of Winds, Slammer of Doors, and Knower of Things.

Shelby Miller
    Participant

Her green eyes rolled as Violet spoke about taking up the challenge of dressing nicely could potential make her a better warrior. It’s seemed rather silly. Hell, it would look more like a wedding or a funeral than a fight. “We’ll I’ve got more salt than the salt than the Kaos Ocean so I don’t think that will be a problem, though I think being a better warrior will come more from practice than dress all fanc-“ The brutally honest elf began to comment back but stopped as she saw the usually Optimistic brunette’s smile fall from her face when the late bigger’ name was mentioned. Damn. Clearly the elf wasn’t helping at all with the distraction of all the sad shit and loss that had happened in the past few months.

A few moments of awkward silence floated through the air at the darker mood change till thankfully Violet switch topics remarking on her clothing as of late. “Ah well, my mum made it. She’s been trying to get me to be “more of a lady” or something like that.” The blonde rolled eyes again thought could help to chuckle a bit. The first dress her mom made, it had been thrown in a fire in rebellion. Then another one came and most of Delphie’s clothes went missing. Delphie swore Traquil Breeze had something to do with it. It was the only dress Delphie would consider wearing along with the very few clothes she owned now. Perhaps the bloodstains in it were making it more “her” or she continue to wear it for her Mum. Either way she still cringed when people commented on it.

“That’s fair, most kingdoms dress the same. Labbys all in black and red, Drakks in blue, though I got no idea what Argos doing.” Delphie added to her ally and friend. Her kingdom did typical stay towards the greens and browns, especially the wild elves in her nation. What better way to camouflage one’s self than just stilling with the whole tree elf bit. “I want to look…” the warrior thought hard while her hands brushed against some of the fabrics, her mind thinking of all the people of Freehold and how they dressed. “Strong I guess…” the answer seemed vague but the thought was still of Delphie’s mind as she pondered over her allies and what made them strong.

Bitch of the Bolg

Steph
    Participant

“Your mother made it?” Violet asked, a mix of cheerful and a tiny bit of some emotion that might have been distantly related to jealousy. “She did an excellent job. It’s held up to the wear Freehold puts it through very well.”

Remembering the discomfort that the blonde woman displayed when talking about being a lady and lady-like behavior, Violet jumped into the next topic perhaps a little too eagerly. “Actually Pendrakkens traditionally dress in the colors of our Houses, or of House Pendrakken if not affiliated with a House, so gold and red should be more common. West’s tabard is a good example for House Pendrakken. My House’s colors are brown, white and gold, but I like to dress in blues to distinguish myself in a crowd during battle. Kelas still dresses as House Arius – blue and white – even though the Church’s colors are silver and dark gray, but I suppose white is a newer color tradition for priests. P-”

Her rapid fire words came to another abrupt halt. Violet looked off beyond the far wall of the shop for a moment, then ran her hand against the runed gem around her throat before continuing at a slower, more regular pace.

“Green, black and white for Vard; black, brown and gold for Graellen; black, red and rust for Macha; and brown, green and gold for Vagnar and Cons- Constantine, I believe. I know the Riverfolk usually incorporate some part of their fleet’s color in their wear. I know Argo’s part of the Jade Fleet, but maybe he’s hoping to join Crystal? Or form his own?” She smiled as if remembering something funny. “I heard there’s a new one starting with Datu… Kayumanggi? I don’t know if I said that right.”

She waited a bit before answering. “Strong? That’s… difficult to choose.” She looked at Delphie while contemplating. “Usually that depends on what you think strong means.” Violet took a minute to try and form the words she had into sentences. “Sometimes that means armor or ripped off sleeves that show muscles. Or layers of mystical robes and enchanted capes. Or a coat that has enough pockets to hide daggers and potions and who knows what else. But I think… I think it’s confidence. And being comfortable in whatever situation comes at you. And pockets.” Violet held up a pair of grey-brown pants with extra fabric sewn over the knees, and stuck her hand in a pocket halfway down the thigh. “See? You can hold so much stuff!”

Nicholas Gritsipis
    Participant

“As someone who used to be in the business himself…”

The seemingly composed Machtan swiveled from around a taller rack of coats, glancing not so much at the girls as much as through them, holding in his hands a small brown notebook. He wore a new arrangement of clothes, from the bottom up. Brown, fur lined boots encased his feet, which led up into a handknit pair of brown pants (dangling from which was his mask of the unsmiling one and Star Shatter blade). Past that, he had on a black dress shirt not unlike the self proclaimed “best dressed thief in midworld”, covered slightly by a quarter cape lined in gold trimming. A belt of silver also held the previous two garments together, with his head (now with longer silver hair pulled to a neat ponytail) only adorned with a single feather tucked behind his ear.

“…I can firmly say that strength is knowing what you are and how to make it evident to others. If someone believes you to be a mighty mage, dressing in apropos attire would certainly help that sell. In your case, Delphie Cu Gohrrim, I’d consider something brash and curt. Nothing fancy, just enough that it gets the job done.”

Perth slipped a small coin purse to the shopkeep, before returning to the two. For a brief moment it almost looks like he’s sizing up someone or something across the shop, before his disarming smile returns to erase any doubts once more.

I must say though, Mrs. Rayne is correct. Pockets do help with carrying and concealment.”

I am The Jagged Shadow, The Ravens Mist, The Blade Dancer, The Spell Sunderer, and the wrecker of your shit.

Shelby Miller
    Participant

The Armsman nodded in confirmation that hermum had indeed made it. “She’s a Gohrrim woman through and through so the clothing has to put up with the harsh lifestyle up North. Don’t give her too much credit, she’ll only send more…” Delphie answered with a slight groan, fully aware that her Mum would definitely do as such. If people thought World Destoryers could be scary, they clearly didn’t know the likes of Lynnette Cu Gohrrim.

As their eyes glanced and glimmered across the fabrics in the small shop, Violet began to speak of all the different house colors in Pendrakken and damn there had been a lot of houses. The Fir’ Bolg usually through all the Drakks in the same category, whether it was her being lazy or plain rude. The stumble of the Vard house and Pelavir’s name didn’t go unnoticed by the Gohrrim girl. The other storm wielder next to Valen and a damn good fighter who had been one of the Blessed 40 who died by Fang-zhara. The immortals that her once allies and friends joined. People who trusted a raging bitch of an immortal and in turn helped kill all those people. The thought of it had the elf angry, her fingers gripping on a dresses long sleeve too harshly ripping it slightly..

The voice behind her had her slightly jump and quickly turn, thinking it could potentially be the shopkeep, putting her back to the dress to hid the damage. It hadn’t, and a groan of annoyance left her lips at the familiar Bogger yet looking differently with the silver hair who seemed to be doing his own shopping.

“Damn it Perth, fucking eavesdropper….” she spoke catching her heartbeat back to normal as he considered the conversation and put his own twist on it. It made sense. She was a pretty cut throat and to the point person, so simple and durability seemed to be list though she wasn’t one to give the people the satisfaction of saying they were right.

“I stand corrected, give Perth the Brown Pants Violet.” She witty remarked.

Bitch of the Bolg

Steph
    Participant

Violet half-jumped at the young man’s entrance. Some part of her instinctively approved of the dramatic flair of his entrance, though it took her more than a moment to recognize him. “…Perth? Wow, I almost didn’t know it was you.” She decided not to comment on his change of hair color; as someone whose hair was magically sensitive – or unlucky during magical accidents – she didn’t like to bring up sudden changes to coiffures. Also Perth wasn’t someone she spoke to often, so she wasn’t sure what brought on the change in style. “Hello! That is a nice cape.”

She nodded with Perth’s assessment. “Yes, but I wouldn’t say you’re brash and curt, Delphie.” Her eyes flickered down to the torn sleeve and back up. “Straightforward and direct.”

“I think these may be too large for him,” she said, holding up the pants to show Perth. They did appear to be of a size larger than any of them could comfortably wear. “Also he seems to have much finer ones. But I do like the material of these.” Violet smiled.

Then stopped. “Wait, ‘Mrs. Rayne’? Did I get married when I wasn’t looking?”

Nicholas Gritsipis
    Participant

Perth gave a slight smirk to Delphie, glancing down at the slight tear in the dress. A closer inspection to him might yield that his word choice seemed planned. Everything he said, every move he made, it seemed deliberate and very unlike the nonchalant offhanded Perth they knew. His attention turned back to the breaker of winds.

“I assume Prospero counts even if he isn’t exactly ideal, you do share a child as I understand it?”

He raised an eyebrow toward her, trying to bring everyones minds off the elephant in the room and back to the escape that this was supposed to be. Prospero was eccentric and certainly not the most engaging topic of conversation, but he was better than discussing the end that came for them all.

I am The Jagged Shadow, The Ravens Mist, The Blade Dancer, The Spell Sunderer, and the wrecker of your shit.

Dean Howell
    Participant

Jack emerged from the back room closing a ledger as he walked to place it on the counter then turned to fully take in the scene laid out before him. His expression was blank, verging on annoyed, when he sighed and abruptly walked back into the back room. a few moments later he reappeared with a hand full of clothes.

Silently he walks over to Delphie and pushes into her a bundle of slightly-darker-then-blood red cloth, not waiting to for her to grab it, unfurling into a dress, stopping at the knees and flaring in the back, with a belt bundled in before moving onto Perth.

Jack takes another Very judgmental look at Perth before handing him a brown tie that matches his pants and a brown belt with a polished brass buckle. “Don’t mix your golds and silvers unless they’re talismans. even then, get them custom made”

Before finally looking over to Violet “You’ve always been on point. So unless something here catches your eye, you’re great.”

As quickly as he started, Jack walkes back to the counter and picks up the ledger again, and begins writing in it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Dean Howell.

Hand to The Envoy of Fir'Bolg, Captain of Fortune's Fate, Master Merchant of The Gilded Albatross, Master of Medicine, Prince of Peace, Ally to All, and Handsome by popular vote.

Nicholas Gritsipis
    Participant

“As if on cue, the prodigal prince arrives to dole his opulent judgement.”

Perth turns the belt in his hands slowly, but doesn’t get rid of it. He instead ties the neckwear he was given into a tri angled knot and puts it around his neck, and folds the belt neatly for later. Perth strode toward the excessive merchant, and leaned on the counter next to him. He pulled a single loose strand of hair that escaped its tie, and set a hand to his hip.

“And how much do I owe you for this extravagance? Surely you aren’t giving it freely to us commonfolk?”

He wasn’t exactly sure how to tell a good joke now, if he ever did. He used to feel a twinge of frustration when dealing with the ravish rogue in front of him now, but at this point he realized it didn’t matter. He motioned to the two others to approach as well.

Dean Howell
    Participant

“It’s not free. I’m buying it for you.” Jack replied, not looking up from his entry “You; because black, brown, gold, and silver would have to be better done to be pulled off… And I’m pretty sure Delphie doesn’t own more then two outfits.”

Tucking the book under his arm Jack leans against the counter and continues “Besides, we should all be well dressed for the monuments they’ll build to us if we finish off the rest of the immortals”

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Dean Howell.

Hand to The Envoy of Fir'Bolg, Captain of Fortune's Fate, Master Merchant of The Gilded Albatross, Master of Medicine, Prince of Peace, Ally to All, and Handsome by popular vote.

Shelby Miller
    Participant

“Yep say the P word and he will show up….. or the D word. Pretty sure Violet wants to avoid that at least in here.” The prideful warrior shrugged while speaking. Surely they didn’t have enough money to buy the entire shop if Prospero showed up and threw another party. The blonde despite only being in town for 2 and a half years had learned quickly that the parties the elemental lord threw went out of hand sometimes. Glancing at her own damage to the clothing, the armsman attempted to not so causally move to another rack in an attempt to hid it.

Though before she could, her green eyes moved to the face of the approaching person, clearly noticing a quick Bogger theme arising in the store. Before Delphie could make a witty remark to The fellow Hand Jack, he pushed an article of clothing into her hands. The blonde haired girl half dropped it, allowing it to in ravel to show the crimson rust colored dress. The belt hadn’t been as lucky and felt to the floor with a loud clink.

The Gohrrim elf’s forest reaction had to been to glare at Jack at the option of another dress. “Im gonna look like a dirty fucking Solari with this on! You might as well kill me now”. The words came out of her mouth bitterly. She was disgusted in the idea that Freehold was going to trust them for a second but she did as her Envoy instructed. She didn’t write home about them, didn’t give them the satisfaction of putting the words to paper. Even upon fighting beside them in the battle against Lector, she had wanted to give them a piece of her mind and blade for the havoc the caused the Bolg but her elven kind more importantly. Despite the dress being a shades darker, it reminded her so much the sun elves

Delphie listened to the banter between the the Jack and the silver haired boy regarding payment as Delphie looked over the red in distaste, raising her middle finger to the man with long dark hair at the comment about the her owning only two outfits.

“When they build it is more like it..” she corrected with a perhaps cocky tone. She lost a lot already to the remaining immortals, like hell she was going to let them win the war.

Bitch of the Bolg

Steph
    Participant

Violet’s expression instantly changed to unamused. “It’s not like that.” She looked over to the shopkeeper and let out a long-suffering sigh. “There are countless storm lords in the world, and countless witches who are students to Prospero. And Puffy is… complicated. He’s her guardian technically. But she is an elemental so she should be with other elementals.” The last sentence came out with a twinge of sadness and worry. “He won’t show up here,” she assured the shopkeeper. “I don’t think Lord Prospero understands how mortals change clothing yet.”

When Jack came in she was more surprised at his ease moving through the store. “Oh hello! Are you keeping the books here? I guess it makes sense that you keep a hand in the fashion industry.” She smiled at his comment. “Thanks!”

She didn’t follow Perth’s signal, and just watched the back and forth between the three of them. She still never really understood the way Fir’bolg bickered and swore with each other. Most, Violet corrected herself. Some were soft spoken and some were loud with praise of the Unsmiling One or Baelor. Very different from where she grew up… but not bad. Cruder than she liked though.

“If you add… light brown and bronze, I think, you’ll be wearing Gohrrim colors,” she said quickly to Delphie. “Solari have more gold. I don’t think people will mix it up. Ooooor add black and green? Those are the Dyed Men colors, right?”

“See?” She added after Jack’s statement. “We need to leave a good impression. Someone will build something for us, as a remembrance or a memorial.” She smiled sagely, dark humor poking through. “I’d prefer not to be remembered as someone who wore a burlap sack. Too scratchy.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.