September 2017 Highlights (svp reward)

Home Forums Events September 2017 Highlights (svp reward)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alan Alan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt Wagner
    Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

The heroes of Freehold have managed to deliver a terrible blow to Anubisath’s army, having defeated both the Glacier and Horusath! However, it was not before his icy army destroyed the Aethyric tear and absconded with the Autumn spirit. The battle will continue, but Freehold can rest knowing that their enemies were forced to retreat and Anubisath given pause for concern.

Tell us what you liked about this event by answering the questions below.
    You will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded. You must have attended the September 2017 event in order to be eligible for this reward.

1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?
    3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    5. What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 9-24-2017 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Profile photo of Chahar Rogers
    Chahar Rogers
    Participant

This event was pretty wonderful all around and before I get into it, I’d just like to thank the staff/pack/NPCs for their incredible performances. Y’all are a treat.

-I am strongly torn between my fight with the Swole King and Agamar. They were so delightfully awful in different ways. Not only that, but Cameron and Thor are amazing combatants. Fighting with them is always so much fun.

-I had three. The first was watching Pelavir get confrontational, because it gave me a moment of genuine immersion. The second was the Primus mod, which was just…stunning. The setting, the people involved, the lore and tone were all completely on point. Finally, Violet’s circle gave Onora a lot of feelings especially when she started talking about being in pain. Just kill me now.

-Our interactions were brief(and painful), but I gotta say Matt Wagner really killed(heh heh heh) it as Anubisath. The slow walk, the voice, the stance and the pinpoint accuracy were all really potent. When he talked about being the witch king, I believed him. Seeing him walk up and being the only person around in spirit sight was also just. A time. Also, big shout out to Unity as played by Lindsay. She genuinely reminds me of mythologic dryads in costuming and appearance.

-I think from a role play perspective, I enjoyed the summoning circle for Violet best. Onora’s drive to see her friend safely returned really helped put me in her headspace. A lot of the characters in the summoning circle were also fairly new to Freehold, so it  For combat, however, I gotta say main mod. Breaking through the ice walls was such a fun mechanic and interestingly, my character ended up very closely with people she openly detests, but I think they worked well together? Maybe? It was just really fun. Shout out to Diego for being really great as Ulrik. Watching you fight from close up or fr away is always a great time.

-Just before the Primus mod, Ichabod asked Onora if she was sure. In that moment, I felt totally like her in response and headspace. Quick shout out to Sheep for being a fantastic hook as Holia(sp)

Thank you again for this lovely event.

Gohrrim, Wildling, Grey Witch

Profile photo of Squirrel!
    Squirrel!
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

My favorite combat encounter this event? Surprisingly, not me using the Ballista! In fact, I have to give it up to defending the town! That mod had me on the edge of wits at every turn. I was one of the members defending the Library with the Luccari and Nayesh. Now why did this particular mod get me so on edge? Because literally at one point is was just Squirrel and Freyja by themselves. I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach the whole time when it was just us two, by ourselves… at the Library with all the chaos going on around us. I also had a lot of really cool moments during this mod, especially because of the Chakram/Throwing Disc/Predator Smart Disc. Like weaving it through a crowd to hit Agamar, or somehow getting it to defy physics to hit Joben from around a turn! Also at one point I remember distinctly running down the hill, running to get to Freyja after she called me back (And I had left her holding my spear) and while I was running I just shouted “Throw it!” She threw me my spear, I caught that puppy out of the air, and was ready for the fightings!

What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?

I have to admit one of my favorite roleplay encounters this event was actually with Crowley, Timo, and Captain Ren at the Tavern on Sunday morning. There was a rather silly discussion taking place that went from a Suggestion to a GINORMOUS out of game clarify that lasted like 4 minutes. It was just silly, and I found the whole thing to be extremely amusing.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

Brother Ghost. When he was carrying the Ballista it was hilarious, I couldn’t help but have a big smile on my face the whole time, because generally it was funny that he was struggling so much to carry the damned thing, and he was not taking ANY of the help offered to him. He was adamant, and determined to carry the thing on his own. Plus I had to carry the shots which was rather tedious because all I was able to defend myself with was either a dagger, or the disc. The disc turned out to be a better option, because I only had to throw it once, and it came rolling right back to me!

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

The mod I enjoyed the most was opening up the wellspring for Unity to drink from. I’m not very good at puzzles admittedly, but being able to hang out and listen to everyone talk, and discuss with people like Kegslayer about if we were totally going to get ambushed or not, was definitely fun! Also the way the Purist of Water was described from the wellspring as (and I quote) “F***ing Delicious” was definitely a good way to get a laugh out of everyone who had the water described to them later on in the day. It was just silly, and I enjoyed it. Also, we didn’t get ambushed! So it was awesome overall!

What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

The most immersive in-game moment for me had to be watching everyone during main-mod. I was running the Ballista the whole time, and really didn’t feel like budging from my spot. Let’s be honest, no one expected me to budge when the Ballista was set up. Was it a smart idea? No, but Squirrel isn’t the smartest person in Freehold anyway, and he doesn’t pretend to be. But it was amazing, to watch everyone darting across the fields, fighting. I remember a few times, even going down, just looking up and because of how tired I was feeling weary as if I was ACTUALLY Squirrel for a moment, just beaten down and worn out from all the fighting that day. It was hella immersive, even down to when the Glacier died, I had actually imagined just a whole slew of ice exploding into the air.

"Everyone just calls me: Squirrel... or Squirrel the Ballista if you're feeling titles!"

Profile photo of James Mattia
    James Mattia
    Participant

Protecting the nodes mini main mod was super fun. Chaotic and challenging. A lot of people pulled out all the stops to make it through. I was down to my last potion! I liked the idea of having to protect the land marks of Freehold. It added a sense of realism to the world. Very fun.

What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why? Role-playing with
    I don’t have any particular role playing interaction that I felt was better than the next. It was a smaller group this event but those that showed up did a spectacular job. It truly felt like a living breathing world with everyone’s amazing role playing prowess. Kudos!

Nana’s performance as Nicodemus is always exquisite. Her clever quips and word play were on point. She really sells the point that the dark mother loves all her children. She’s welcoming and inviting but with a subtle underlining horror that is simply displayed and not spoken. I’m very interested to see how everything turns out for better or worse.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so? This particular Main mod was one of my favorite ones to date. Having to push forward tackle barriers fight waves of mobs was awesome. The bosses were flushed out and unique. I loved the concept of having to throw spackets into a thing to do a thing. (While it got frustrating because of double casting times from that silly apple I ate.) Challenging and fun!

The meeting with Primus with all those involved was a very unique experience. Mr. Aquino’s performance was great, intimidating and somber. Gaining a title “the wronged” was very fitting. Character wise I had a long hard thought about my motives during that interaction. “aligning myself with the the “good” people to protect the booming town from outside forces? Fine, when I finally strike it will be everywhere and everything not just a half ass attempt on a frontier town.” 😀

Profile photo of Diego
    Diego
    Participant

I would have to say every time I fought Aggamar it was awesome lol but if I had to choose one I’d say the Jotunbrud mod since due to the interactions I had with Aggamar

2.What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?

The Anubisath RP mod. Everything from setting it up the night before to the actual conversation between Anubisath, West and I was amazing. It was super immersive and definitely gave me a new view of Anubisath. It’s also always great to talk to a big bad guy and not have it be a verbal slug fest, it was really interesting hearing his philosophy of the world and why he’s trying to bring eternal winter. Anytime you get to talk to ancient beings is a good time

Aggamar was an NPC i consistently interacted with that made my event. It was always intense due to our past history, and it really got me invested in the overall fight. Also as previously mentioned interacting with Anubisath was awesome, definitely one of my favorite, if not my favorite mod.

4.What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

the Anubisath mod, and if not that I did enjoy the soul well scavenger hunt mod, although it was slightly interrupted by Kaz haha

5.What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

As mentioned before probably the Anubisath mod, it was super immersive.

PC: Thane Ulrik Grimswolf, The Archon Slayer, Envoy of the Chained Kingdom of Jotunbrud.

Hail Lucca

Profile photo of Shelby Miller
    Shelby Miller
    Participant

I’m stuck between Main mod and the mini mod before that. Both had great elements to it but I will have to say Mini Main mod was absolutely wonderful.

The mini mod was very difficult as it required all the townsfolk to protect 7 different points in Freehold. Strategy was key during this time. The fight had been a very long one and intense with different types of enemies. From the Rune Eater Jotunbruds and Aggamar, ice elementals, Horusath and the Birdkins, the Glacier, and Anubisath we had our hands full with challenges. Each group had a different fighting style and I found myself overwhelmed at times and tired as there had been so much combat. I’m glad I had many teammates to have my back.There was so much adrenaline going through my system I was literally jumping around by the Merchant district waiting for enemies. While overall we did decently during this Mod, better planning and placement of people would have made us more successful. I found that the communication was lacking on our part and that will be something we will all be able to work on in future battles. It was a very good learning experience for Freefolk.

Some of my favorite rp moments was with other PCs throughout the game.

Speaking with Non-emotional Valen on Friday had been a different as they usually make witty comments. Instead they seemed to get down to business and talk about actual issues in Freehold. Also talking to Ichabod had been great as his character had seen some rough shit throughout event and it was interesting to hear him tell me about it.

Loved training with Azure (Dual wielding Axe Buddies!), Devlin, and Valen on how to fight. Delphie has a very stubborn streak (as everyone knows)however when it comes to wanting to better herself in fighting, she can pay attention without too much sass.

The Jotunbrud Rune Eaters as a group had been my favorite this event. Their accents literally had me cracking up but their fighting styles had been lethal. With rouges, spell casters, and warriors, they all worked together like a well-oiled machine that had me even worried. Seriously great Defense during the mini main mod.

Aggamar gets special shout outs for being badass and stealing a part of my soul XP You meanie XD. Though seriously, a well-crafted NPC who literally took down so many PCs and had been a blast fight during Main Mod.

Kaz also was a great NPC on Friday night/ Saturday Morning. I love the whole concept of the character and he definitely brings a presences when he shows up to town.

One of my favorite random encounters was during my Hunter- Gatherer training by Smiling Flowers. It was during Saturday morning and Yugo, Echo, and I had been learning the best way to find components when we stepped into an area where Flowers informed that Labyrinthians slept. She went first as she spoke that they liked to set traps. When as we got into the main area of the camp we all saw a white “innocent” looking flower by some grass. Since both Echo and I had collected items during training, Yugo made a grab for it. It ended up being a trap which poisoned and caused major damage where Flowers had to heal him. It made me realize that sometimes the most innocent looking things can be deadly. Also it was pretty funny XD

The most Immersive moment for Delphie would have to be when Delphie had a piece of her soul taken during Main mod. Things had seemingly been going well in the beginning of the battle after breaking past the ice wall. Quickly however Delphie had gotten distracted by Kelas who had been under the control of Anubisath after being taken by the Ice Glacier earlier than day. Both Crowley and her had focused on taking on “Dark” Kelas who had took me down. He then began to drag me away from others until Aggamar came up used great strength to throw her even farther. Other Rune eaters looked on as he stole her soul, and I have to say this is the closest Delphie was been to death making it an immersive moment as I literally must’ve had panic on my face.

There was an Elfin lady Bright,
    The Sun shines fair on Fir' Bolg wall.
    And she would marry a Gohrrim Knight,
    For Love is still the lord of all.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Wild Elf ~ Fir' Bolg

Profile photo of Artemis
    Artemis
    Participant

What is your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

By far, it was defending the key points. It gave me a chance to test the limits of little Artemis, as well as see the incredible teamwork of the other PCs. It was a rough combat, and incredibly challenging, but it was hella fun.

What was your favorite roleplay encounter this event? Why?

Favorite roleplay encounter… I would definitely have to say interacting with Akasha. She was a wonderful NPC to talk to, and it really made me enjoy the little moment’s even more.

As said before, Akasha was one of them. Simple small talk really makes the moment. Interacting with the brotherhood is always a fun time as well.

Magic tree needs magic water. Puzzle solving was a really nice break from all of the combat that usually happens.

What was the most immersive in game moment of the weekend for you?

Bringing in Artemis; a 6 year old Houndkin and rolling around in the dirt. That was the #1 thing I wanted to do with that character, and after that, I was in the perfect mindset. However, I must say that the most immersive I was this entire weekend, was during main mod when I was able to go full on guard dog mode. Running about, taunting enemies to save allies, playing a field doctor to.the best of.my abilities, even blowing bestial wrath to protect people; it was the best.

"Yeah, I use a bow! ...i normally play fetch with it."

Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

I loved the Point Defense mod. I did think we were a bit disorganized in the beginning- no one wanted to lead, our “Team Comps” weren’t the best, but ultimately I think that added to the immersion. There was a panic of “Oh crap. We have to defend Seven Points!?” And when the math played out, that left everyone with at least 5 people per group. My group was in charge of Unity and though we didn’t lose a point, we certainly were thrown around like rag-dolls- well mostly me. Anyway, the disorganization, the being forced to work with random people all for a common goal was what made this enjoyable. Heck, it was the first time I wish I had traps because it was a major event and we had prep time to utilize traps. Which- I need to read up on and figure out how Trap Triggers function.

My favorite role-play encounter…I wish I could remember everyone’s names, but unfortunately I can’t. It was after I obtained Spell Breaker (I think that was the name?) and essentially was given a Security Detail. Which was hilarious and intimidating. Though my character didn’t ask for one, he understood the reason for it. At that time, it was the only way to kill Glacier, and what does he do? Try to Flee and Kill fellow townsfolk. But, I loved the role-play interactions with everyone during so. Trying to get him to hold still, settle down, science experiment, etc. I wish I could give shout outs to those guys, but if I named one and the rest unnamed I feel that wouldn’t do you all justice. But, good on you all for making a great PC-centric RP Encounter!

I didn’t really interact with too many NPCs. There was Lefty… uh… Not-Righty… and Brother Ghost. Each time was fantastic too! Not-Righty stealing my weapon for me to steal it back, then hope to the gods he wasn’t upset with me and hunt me down. Good thing I had those chips for Peace Offering, haha. Brother Ghost (Hope I’m remembering that right) was quite essential for Eirwyn to calm down and their extended talk felt very student/teachery. I don’t know much about that Brother, but I’d definitely like to have further interactions with him!

I have no idea what that Fallen Angel thing was, but it’s always amusing to me, personally, when something like Death shows up and you see one of two things: People, like me, running away. Or people trying to fight it for one reason or another. There’s just something particularly funny about knowing that the creature will not hit you unless you hit it, someone running up to hit it, and immediately get downed by it as a result.

There was a mod that happened early on, and for me it continued on; Violet’s children. The prop used for them was a reminder of how great an extent that immersion can be entered, despite how small it may seem at first. NPCs could have been used, or a ‘Spirit’ to grant information- I didn’t stick around for too long for the mod, but I appreciated the extra step it took to use the Prop. That and the mod had some lingering effects in the form of the shedding fuzz that fell everywhere. I collected a few as a joke and offered it to people. Fun Fact: when you offer cloud elemental shedding, 100% of the time, people will put it in their mouth without being told to do so.

Profile photo of Maria Paleologo
    Maria Paleologo
    Participant

I would have to say that my favorite combat encounters have to be torn between two. I loved the seige mod on the town with the nodes that needed guarding. Despite being ramshod at best and having to account for a drunken Valen, the Inn team rocked the mod. Not losing a point and managing to hold against Rune Eaters, Elementals and eventually Anubisath himself was amazing. I had also just cured myself of a major curse and was able to actually be a contributing element to a combat mod for the first time in a while.

Secondly was being an ice elemental during main mod. Becoming the “whistle” elemental that was being carted off to be healed by the rune eaters was hilarious. This was also when things started to really click for me in regards to fighting and letting myself take risks that pay off.

For role play I have three favorites. First was the entirety of my shadow sould plot mod. Having to fight an aspect of Alonsus and protect Nil the Nightshade all at the same time was amazing. And then having a follow up ritual where all my friends had to tell me my flaws was great and humbling for my character.

Secondly, shout out to the puzzle mod with Unity. The puzzles were so interesting as well as opening the well. Also getting to say that I solved 3/4 of the puzzles was a great ego boost out of game.

Finally, the seige mod once again. Specifically when Kyle Ciminera came out as an ice elemental and Mal was feeling cocky. I got in the moment and verbally berated the elemental in such a way that Kyle had to take a knee to process what I said. Everyone on the Inn point who saw it backed me whenever I later said that I killed an elemental with my words alone. It was so suiting for Mal. Also Anubisath appearing but not having spirit sight, it was hilarious to play up not knowing what everyone was freaking out about.

Nil the Nightshade. Nil the Nightshade. Oh man, Nil the Nightshade was awesome. I love having a guild contact so excentric to put it nicely. I’m so excited to see what will come with her.

Also shout out to Unity. You keep doing you, boo.

The seige mod and my shadow soul plot. Both had such great pay off and npc presence. Also all of the aforementioned reasons.

For me it was my ritual with Raziel, Flowers and Zanza. Three people who I trusted to be real with me trying to gently tell Mal what she does in excess and what she needs to fix. I truly felt as Mal, pushing down ire and sharp retorts. It really felt like I had an umbral parasite in me fighting to keep all of these things my allies warned me about.

"When you have three, you have three. When you have two, you have two. When you have one, you have none." Night wisp riddle

Profile photo of Carly Braff
    Carly Braff
    Participant

<hr />

I’m split between 2 on this one. I really enjoyed Violets rescue mission. I was really honored to be chosen to come along as a main healer for the group. It was fun healing everyone across the entire big tree field. I normally stick to a couple people or a general section of the field during larger battles. But the smaller group I felt more critical.

Also while I was Npcing during the pre-main mod mod was lots of fun. I got to be an ice elemental and had lots of fun attacking the aetheric tear. It was a very different experience as i rarely NPC. But I had a blast getting to fulfill a different role in the game.

Meeting Primus was incredible. I was so immersed. Being known by him and being called “Bringer of Hope” really caught me off guard. I spent most of the encounter just listening, completely in awe that I was in his presence. When he referred to himself as Primus the Diminished, it made me want to know his story and how he got there. He seemed so sad and that is just not what I expected from him.

Primus. See above.

Primus again. That mod was really the highlight of my event. It was so far off from what I thought meeting Primus would be like. There was so much knowledge dropped and I learned so much. When Halia(spelling?) came into town

1. What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

Tranquil Breeze - Hand to the Ixian Envoy, Keeper of Fate

Profile photo of Carly Braff
    Carly Braff
    Participant

<hr />

I’m split between 2 on this one. I really enjoyed Violets rescue mission. I was really honored to be chosen to come along as a main healer for the group. It was fun healing everyone across the entire big tree field. I normally stick to a couple people or a general section of the field during larger battles. But the smaller group I felt more critical.

Also while I was Npcing during the pre-main mod mod was lots of fun. I got to be an ice elemental and had lots of fun attacking the aetheric tear. It was a very different experience as i rarely NPC. But I had a blast getting to fulfill a different role in the game.

Meeting Primus was incredible. I was so immersed. Being known by him and being called “Bringer of Hope” really caught me off guard. I spent most of the encounter just listening, completely in awe that I was in his presence. When he referred to himself as Primus the Diminished, it made me want to know his story and how he got there. He seemed so sad and that is just not what I expected from him.

Primus. See above.

Primus again. That mod was really the highlight of my event. It was so far off from what I thought meeting Primus would be like. There was so much knowledge dropped and I learned so much.

5.What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

Looking at the book with Kyle Rumbland was extremely immersive. Even though I hadn’t been on previous mods relating to it, I had been keeping track of what was going on with it. I was really glad to be able to be part of opening and trying to read it. When Brother Ghost came in and arrested Kyle it was so terrifying. I didn’t know whether to flee or fight or just watch. It was a really intense encounter.

Tranquil Breeze - Hand to the Ixian Envoy, Keeper of Fate

Profile photo of Alan
    Alan
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter of the event, and why?
    The Violet rescue mod.  No way Maioch wasn’t going on that.  There were more personal stakes for this one than usual.  It wasn’t some epic “Save Midworld” kinda thing, at least not to Maioch.  It was just going to save a dear friend.  Taking a death to rescue Violet was perfectly within what Maioch was willing to sacrifice to save Violet.

What was your favorite roleplay encounter of the event, and why?
    House Lithvir’s meeting with the King of Gotterdammerung.  Both Jack and Callie brought their roleplay A game for this.  It was a surprise that the King of Gotterdammerung was so soft spoken, and when he mentioned how draining the action against Krieger Dammerlicht was Jack really projected the idea that the King was exhausted by the effort.

What NPC’s did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?  The Corpse King, definitely him.  Jack just had such a presecence about him.  He never raised his voice, yet he commanded attention.  Both the King and the Executor (played by Callie Cunningham) projected power and authority, but in a different way then Arcturus ever did.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most?  How so?

The battle against Anubisath’s forces.  At the beginning of the batlle we really weren’t even sure who was on Team Arkstone, but we came together really well.  Maioch just repeatedly threw himself into the meat grinder, literally blocking the checkpoint with his own body and trusting the healers to get him up.  That almost worked against me when the Jailer showed up, thatnks to whomever broke that up (I wish I could remember)

Sketchy reports came in from the rest of the battllefield, all we knew for sure was that the Athyric Tear was destroyed.  After the battle we all found out how close we came to losing the Soulwell too.

What was the most immersive in game moment for you?  How so?

The meeting with the King of Gotterdammerung.  The idea that a King would ask for help from Outlanders, and technically heretics, really brought home the idea of what he’d been through.  Kudos once again to both Jack and Callie.  I roleplay with Jack a lot, as Hector Arius, Brother Whisk, and other characters, but each time and each character seems like a unique individual.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.