November 2017 Event Highlights (svp reward)

Home Forums Events November 2017 Event Highlights (svp reward)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of James Mattia James Mattia 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt Wagner
    Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

At great cost, the mighty heroes of Freehold have defeated Anubisath witch monarch of the North.

Tell us what you liked about this event by answering the questions below.
    You will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded. You must have attended the November 2017 event in order to be eligible for this reward.

1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?
    3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    5. What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2017? Is that because of mechanics or story ramifications?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 12-1-2017 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant
    1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

Well I was only there for main mod, soooo main mod.  It felt like an old WoW raid to me.  It had adds, a mechanic that moved around the map and you had to get out of the way, There were different points we had to move to in order to complete the raid.  Also it looked really awesome, I forgot we were in big tree field as soon as we got into the fight.

The only thing I didn’t like about this mod was the World lock.  He was able to keep as many people in him as he wanted and for an infinite amount of time.  I am surprised more people didn’t die from this.  He really needed to spit people out faster.  If I didn’t die in him I would have been in there for 10+ minutes.

2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?

My death…?  Again, I was not there long enough but laying there dead and having to stay completely still and not smile or open my eyes while people said bye was hard for me.

3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

Not Applicable.  If I had to pick from the one I did interact with The World Lock?  Didn’t talk much, but we went on a walk together.  😉

4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

Not Applicable

5. What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2017? Is that because of mechanics or story ramifications?

November Main mod has to be my favorite for mechanics.  Most of them worked so perfectly that i felt we had to always stay on our toes but it never felt like we were going to wipe like a few main mods this year.

Profile photo of Maria Paleologo
    Maria Paleologo
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

I actually greatly enjoyed going out with the High Priestess of the Jotunbrud to look for answers. I always love “astral projection” mods and the dangers that come with them. Starting at the back of Big Tree and having to push and fight our way to the yurts was a lot of fun. It was also the start of me going on a broken record of “Resist ice” which was great.

What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?

Getting interrogated by Ghost and Whisk. I had just started training thay was magically making me more skittish and especially getting a master Fear after receiving a control affect, and then immediately being snared by Whisk. Having to tell Ghost of all people “Ok this is going to look really bad but I’ll answer all you’re questions, as long as you keep on snaring me for the conversation.” It was honestly suchba great amount of roleplay, especially what ended up following whenever Ghost showed up.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

I just went into why I enjoyed Whisk and Ghost, but I also loved my interactions with Unity. Walking around with her and her “new friends” saying that I was chaperoning their little adventure, and mom-ing out over Unity. And in hindsight, when we later had to decide whether to use Unity to get through to Anubisath, and realizing that to my character that was the best option. Not even an hour after I had told her that she was family. Perfect internal character conflict from a “silly” mod.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

Honestly all of the ones I’ve mentioned as well as main mod. However I want to leave talking about Main mod for the next question.

What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2017? Is that because of mechanics or story ramifications?

I honestly loved November main mod. This was the first time I can think of that I couldn’t place in my head where I was in orientation to the parking lot. The feeling of urgency and need to close the portals was so great. The stakes were so high, not only on the world wide scale, but also from suspicions that there were traitors in our midst (which ended up being true with the Wodinsons). And while I do agree that the world lock could have spit us out a bit faster, I loved that mechanic. Maybe it’s Stockholm syndrom since it had happened to me three times, but I found it very fun.

Ultimately huge world stakes like this are the type of main mods that I’m going to remember.

"When you have three, you have three. When you have two, you have two. When you have one, you have none." Night wisp riddle

Profile photo of Matt DeFelice
    Matt DeFelice
    Participant

1. Favorite combat event was definitely main mod, so much was happening and it never let up.

2. Favorite role play event was helping diashi with his torture training…i should have asked for more gold

3. I enjoyed interacting with everyone when i was NPCing as a carnage demon. It was super fun playing dmon just trying to do his job

4. The mini vault mod was a good time since i rarely get to face off against demons in game

5. My favorite main mod encounter was osai- ris. He was such a cool NCP and the costume was great

You only live once, die, then proceed to live 6 more times.

1.What was your favorite combat encounter this event?

Absolutely without a doubt this main mod. Though i felt the mechanics could have been explained clearer before hand, it was interactive and larger than life. Having plot within plot to be achieved during the mod made it extremely immersive adding a feeling of immanency to it all.

2.What was your favorite role-play encounter this event?

Lots of good interactions, but becoming a pariah and being tried/executed for treason is definitely at the top of the list. Accidentally finding A spell blade that the brotherhood had dropped was surreal. Even in death i serve.

3.What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most?

Lots of great interactions this moon, but it would have to be the immersive role play taking the head off of Aggamar. Screaming out as I begins to decapitate him “permission for immersive role play!”. Aggamar  was shirtless, collapsed from the exhaustion of being chased around for 45 minutes in the frozen 20 degree grass sweat sublimating into vapor, give that man a gawddamn trophy!

4.What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most?

Hunting spice dealers in the hinterlands, soul satisfying and profitable!

5.What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2017?Is that because of mechanics or story.

Nov 2017 again knocked it out of the park, Visually one of the more impressive mods in a long time. Attempting to keep the Yimirheim portal active for “reasons” added plot elements and emotion. Having to save the soul of a friend trapped within an undead monstrosity, less he be lost to us. The constant threat of the Ice auras and escaping the ever present Worldlocks icy fangs. Actually having an effect (for better or worse) created many hold onto your hat moments. Visually and interactively A+!

Hail Valder!
    Profile photo of Kyersten
    Kyersten
    Participant
    1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why? My favorite combat encounter was the blackfire elemental bridge. The mod was difficult, but coordination and crowd control won the day. It was also a good teaser for the main mod mechanics (channel thing to shut down stuff, enemies can channel stuff back open).
    2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why? My favorite rp encounter was immediately after main mod, when Freehold convinced Gabriella to give the World Lock to Kritek. Seeing all of Freehold united in making a decision was interesting, and Gabriella’s reluctant capitulation was very well played. I can’t wait to see how this goes in the long term.
    3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so? I love interacting with Unity. She’s always so cheery and delightful! I’m kind of reminded of a little sister type, but then something like ‘she can create a pathway to Anubisath’ happens, and I’m reminded that she’s actually really powerful… It’s an interesting dichotomy.
    4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so? I really enjoyed sneaking around Anubisath’s house on Friday night. Astral projection mechanics were really cool, and the mod was so well set up that I really believed I was somewhere else.
    5. What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2017? Is that because of mechanics or story ramifications? Nov. 2017 main was absolutely my favorite. I loved the mechanics, the enemies, the dramatic dialogue going on in the background… It was exceedingly well done, and the ramifications were well thought out.
    • This reply was modified 5 days, 15 hours ago by Profile photo of Kyersten Kyersten. Reason: Part of post got deleted
    Profile photo of Frank Acciarito
    Frank Acciarito
    Participant

1. My favorite combat encounter was ” Projecting” with Sigwyn to the realm of the giant ice moon. Having to work as a team, moving forwards while protecting our rear and Sigwyn while not moving too far away was awesome. Having to use tactics to flank and break the enemy lines enabled me too work with other PC’s I normally don’t interact with but found such good cooperation with we stayed teamed throughout weekend til main mod.

2. My fav role play was with the merchant we ran into that was peddling illegal drugs and we “convinced” them not too anymore and then they strongly hinted that we would be remembered and payback was coming from their boss.

3. I loved interacting with Agamar!! Calling him out and taunting him 😃…. He not only always responded as a whirling dervish of dmg with axe and sword but always had a great one liner comeback. The retreat into the woods for a no shirt return and more crazy was great. Felt like a WoW raid that the boss transforms in stages to beat.

4. The final mod was epic! The planning u guys put into the mechanics was awesome. The props and effects were the best I’ve seen yet. The bosses were amazing and very hard to fight which I loved. The best though we’re the mics Anubisath and Gabriella had on them and the dialogue they had before and during the mod. That really made it feel like a WoW raid as Anubisath occasionally through out taunts to join him or info that he was getting weaker and only one light needed to be lit on a portal for it to be active.

5. I’m being selfish here but finally killing Glacier after hunting and fighting him for the better part of a year was my fav main mod of 2017. Just cause of the use of a ballistae, holding back spell sunder to see if flowers spell worked first, jobert yelling 5 dmg in a weird Swiss accent and finally felling that giant Popsicle along with Horusath was IT for me!! Nov was epic and super thought out and planned and will game altering effects I’m sure, but Glacier biting it in Sept was it for me.

Profile photo of James Mattia
    James Mattia
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why? My favorite combat encounter this event was The Rumble in the sleeping area. My group just got finished with attacking each other to prove a point then everyone inside came back from a mod and “woke up” making witnesses to what we were talking about and there was another Rumble! If it was staged to be like that the timing was perfect if it wasn’t staged to be like that it was the most realistic scenario I think I’ve ever had at this LARP.

What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why? Now that my character has unwittingly got involved in various political dramas it’s forced me to be more on my game with role playing. Sh*t rolling down hill and having to deal with Shadows and having to spew so many lies to play to every side involved is exhausting but its super fun to have all that tension. I didn’t think it was cool that things I did while disguised we’re immediately linked to Zircon with no evidence. Not sure whether or not that was a slip of the tongue or miscommunication but now it’s something I’m going to have to roll with.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so? I love interacting with the Nataly’s drug dealer char she played the roll perfectly. She was shady but still approachable which was just the right amount of sleaze. I did think it was funny that right after I walked away she got gibbed, oh well.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so? It was a random encounter for me because I didn’t listen to the prep but when everyone went to a dreamscape or something to get more information. And it was just waves of monsters we had to defend against while protecting the sleeping bodies was a super concept. Lots of fun.

What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2017? Is that because of mechanics or story ramifications?
    Aether tongue monster mod with the random Prismac variants. The Chaos, confusion, the ridiculousness while simultaneously being extremely dangerous. It was a masta-pees! It’s summed up the true randomness of the Aether in one single mod. The props, the acting, the story everything everything was fantastic!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.