May 2017 event highlights (svps)

Home Forums Events May 2017 event highlights (svps)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alan Alan 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt Wagner
    Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

Despite the rain, Freehold has defeated Zakariel, an archon of memories, and confronted the vengeful Valtherion.

Tell us what you liked about this event by answering the questions below. You will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded. You must have attended the May 2017 event in order to be eligible for this reward.

1. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    2. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    3. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    4. What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?
    5. Bonus- Life is finite and precious. What is the one thing on the top of your characters bucket list?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 5-27-2017 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Profile photo of Dominica
    Dominica
    Participant

1.) Dealing with the first Elemental Lord of the 4 Winds.  Witnessing Violet and he go on was very amusing and enjoyable to watch.  I loved the Elemental Lord’s personality.  “Collector of Goods” <3

2.) Lady Akasha.  Hands down some of the best PC/NPC RP I felt in a while.  Between her genuine (seemingly?) interest in the goings on of the Pendrakken in town, her awkward actions on trying to act like a normal person (Feast was hilarious), to her attitude and actions in combat.  I for one had a blast being around her.

3.) The beginning of Main mod.  It was a fun fight and nice to be able to blur the lines of ally/enemy.  But towards the end it just turned into me being forced to try and kill my friends, me trying to stay away from people so I don’t try to kill them, and it felt like it went on longer than would be enjoyable.

4.) I didn’t really feel any immersion breaking moments this weekend.  It was all pretty constant.  I didn’t feel as though I had as much invested into it though.  Main mod prep could have been more immersive if it wasn’t everyone interrupting/yelling at me, but that just got annoying.

5.) To end the life of the demon that killed my beloved.  It is the thing that gets her out of bed in the morning.

Wherever you go.... there you are.

Profile photo of West Schliemann
    West Schliemann
    Participant
    1. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

The dominate-brawl when the Orrery went off after the ritual. Everyone loves controlled, low-risk PvP, and Valen always makes it a good time. Honorable mentions to Akasha, Violet, and Flowers for carrying the team at various points throughout.

2. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

Akasha. Even if she’s tethered to the KiG, she still presents as a strong, positive impact on Freehold and Pendrakken politics. Also, my heart melted a little bit when she said that fighting alongside me reminded her of Luther.

Honorable mentions to Kyle Rumblend, and the Psychic memories. Arcturus and Katysuha especially. My only regret is that I couldn’t find Kat again in time when I found out she was a memory; I was going to talk her into a nice, cathartic (and probably pretty evenly-matched) brawl.

3. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

NPCing as a bear. For thematic purposes, I just picked one person to rapidly use all of my Mauls on every time I spawned. It ended jumping out of the woods and scaring the tar outta Ichabod.

4. What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

The last part of the Psychic Orrery ritual, when Tormund revealed that he couldn’t go home after killing his father. No disparagement to the other people who divulged, but something about the presentation really resonated with me.

5. Bonus- Life is finite and precious. What is the one thing on the top of your characters bucket list?

The top? To take Pendrakken into a direction he can be proud of as a key figure – perhaps the key figure. If this one ever gets achieved, I’d probably have to hang up the character, at which point I’d likely full-time NPC (possibly with a Nana-style alt-idea-purge first).

Profile photo of Shelby Miller
    Shelby Miller
    Participant

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

With all the rain, it kept Delphie inside more than,  however I spent the time  conversing with several other PCs. I enjoyed speaking with Devlin and Onora in regards to some past events in our kingdom along with planning out our actions for the future of our kingdom. It really had me thinking on my character’s motivation and what to do with her next.

Some other encounters worth mentioning was all the people attuned to the Orrery who would suddenly become dominated and attack anyone inside was definitely keeping everyone on their toes as they were like ticking time bombs till we could stop it XD
    What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

Akasha and Stablemane were amazing this event. Delphie isn’t really one to sit down and have full conversation with people due to the fact she’s usually trying to fight and/or kill something but the few moments I did have with them had me enjoy their presence along with the conversations both NPCs had with others. During main mod, they were truly a godsend with the healings. At one point I found myself standing near Akasha and fighting anything near her while she healed others. I was super happy to see them healing our bloody bodies : ) Thank you!

Also,Look out Pep, the NPC by Chris Lake who is a child of an accountant in Pendrakken. We have a duel planned and I can’t wait till August to kick your butt XD. Seriously though, it was a very chill rp moment with others and I really had fun with it XD
    What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why? 

This event I really enjoyed the facetaker/carionette battle that took place in the rain. I had just dried off after fighting monsters  maybe an hour before that when they arrived. I then had to make the decision to go back out into the rain or stay in the inn. It became immersive because I decided to go out because Delphie was a person who would never turn down a fight and Freehold needed to be protected. We had people having faces ripped off, people being dominated, and Alice running around attacking people. I found it was a very immersive combat scene and the downpour of rain only added to the encounter. It was definitely a challenge dealing with the rain since my wardrobe wasn’t the best for it, but it taught me to make quick decisions and changes to it in order to fight as if I was in a real battle.

Additionally Main mod was great as usual. So many enemies, and just two axes XD. I was super happy it stopped raining at this time, making it easier to see. I found that everyone in battle worked great as a team and despite seeing so many people sent into their first death count at one point during the battle, people truly stepped up and changed their strategy in order to take the monsters down. Go Feris for having my back and teaming up to heal me and others, while I used great strength to bring people to you!

What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

The meeting with several of the memories that came to town had several immersive moments for people, Jaxxor was definitely  an immersive moment for me. My character has never met the character but seeing how affected other character’s were by his arrival had me truly feel in character and want to know more about this person and prove my worth to him and the kingdom. I had actually been told the story about him earlier that morning and it was so ironic to see him just show up. I found my self in character to comfort my Kingdom members to the best my short tempered character could and I think it really made an impact on her.
    Bonus- Life is finite and precious. What is the one thing on the top of your characters bucket list?

Killing the Cazadora of the Labyrinthium is definitely one of Delphie’s top priorities however she had stepped back from this slightly in order to work on herself and some of her flaws like her fear of water. She hopes to make herself stronger by training and also building her confidence up so she will be able to face him.

She also is more interested in helping her Kingdom than when she first came to town. Delphie is beginning to connect and build relationship s with people in Freehold and she hopes to continue these bonds and keep Freehold standing as long as possible.

There was an Elfin lady Bright,
    The Sun shines fair on Fir' Bolg wall.
    And she would marry a Gohrrim Knight,
    For Love is still the lord of all.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Wild Elf ~ Fir' Bolg

Profile photo of Maria Paleologo
    Maria Paleologo
    Participant

I have ti say my favorite mod was the carionette mod with Valtherion. I was NPC side and it was great playing a mook for such a built up antagonist. It was especially cathartic for me as carrionettes and facetakers are such huge phobic triggers for me. Getting be one and fight along side the other helped me keep any phobic reaction under control.

I feel like everyone is having a similar reaction, but it’s for good reason, I loved interacting with Lady Akasha and Sablemane. I stuck near them near main mod and for the secret ritual. It was such an immersive experience, getting to see them and their genuine reactions to everything. Special mention to that time I tried to use Serenity Shield on Akasha and then awkwardly saying “oh I mean…” and casting it on myself.
    What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

Combat encounter goes out to main mod. Just how intimidating the archon was, especially as someone of demonic descent. It got so intense that for safeties sake I had to go hide to make sure I didn’t die. It definitely was the type of intensity I would expect from a fight against an ancient Archon.

It was most definitely the secret ritual to change the orrery into the psychoc orrery. I’ve been sitting on the secret I shared since last April, waiting for a way for my character to feel comfortable sharing it. It was definitely a moment that changed how those around her viewed her and her actions.
    Bonus- Life is finite and precious. What is the one thing on the top of your characters bucket list?

One of Malindra’s top goals is to find out who her demonic ancestor is. As a gorgon through breeding rather than the product of twilight elf and demon, it’s a huge question to her to know who sired her lineage.

"When you have three, you have three. When you have two, you have two. When you have one, you have none." Night wisp riddle

Profile photo of James Mattia
    James Mattia
    Participant

The Facetakers and carrionettes assault on the inn was my favorite random attack. I got to walk around reveling in the pain and anguish caused by them rather than fleeing for my life. Even walked with them for a brief time spouting “Blood, blood for valtherion(sp?)” Good times 🙂

Unfortunately I didn’t really get to interact with many NPCs this event. I was far too busy wheeling and dealing with player characters. but I will say the glare that Akasha gave me when I ugly laughed at the news that everyone attuned to the orrery lost all their most powerful skills and abilities. That was priceless.

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why? Combat wise main mod was a lot of fun for me it had mobs that people couldn’t just walk up and brutalize to death. I spent most of my effort attacking the orbs which to my knowledge I might have been the only one who was doing it. Eventually they got wise and started attacking me directly. It was nice to feel like a spellcaster again.

I feel like I was most immersed in the game when I was Npcing as an old soldier turned merchant. I really like the whole Merchant game. As able to come up with a small believable backstory that I was able to commit to and although I had met an untimely end ol Chip had a blast.

Work with Tibalt to unlock/find the upgraded version of word of pestilence.

Profile photo of West Schliemann
    West Schliemann
    Participant

OH MAN I FORGOT ABOUT PEP. Yeah, pretend my answer had Pep in there.

Profile photo of Matt Wagner
    Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

I appreciate your feedback. It’s very helpful!

Just a reminder to anyone who still wants to join in and get some service points, this offer ends 5-27-2017 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Profile photo of Alan
    Alan
    Participant

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most?

Main mod.  Which is funny considering I was going to sit it out until memory of Haze just rolled up into the Tavern.  I chased him outside after Jade banished him and got swept up in the battle.  I kept getting shots on Zakariel’s back, and oh my yes, I took ’em.  But for a good chunk of the battle I stayed near Akasha and Shisrak Sablemane trying to protect them. The mix of combat and roleplay really made it stand out.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most?  Akasha and Shisrak Sablemane.  So much great roleplay!  The serenity that Sablemane displayed in a situation that was getting increasingly bad really inspired Maioch.  As for Akasha she was on her A game as well, I loved to fact that she used rivers and currents as imagery in conversation, just like I’d imagine a Lake Maiden would.

What was your favorite combat encounter this event?  The facetakers and the Carrionette battle was great!  The sheer panic  Maioch heard in folks voices brought home what a threat these things really were.  Carrionettes are freakin’ terrifying!

What was the most immersive in game momement of the weekend for you?  Every conversation with Akasha.  Friday evening, just telling her news about the Kingdom, and especially Saturday after feast when my eyes kept being drawn to the chained bracelets she was wearing.  Maioch was actually offended to see the first Queen of Pendrakken in chains.

Life is finite and precious.  What is the one thing on the top of your character’s bucket list?

Insuring that his house lives on after him.  Maioch feels that his best chance to be remembered is to strengthen his House and leave them a legacy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.