Marksman expertise/mastery confusion

Home Forums General Marksman expertise/mastery confusion

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rules Director 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt DeFelice
    Participant
    • I don’t think anyone to answer this question anytime soon since event is coming up this weekend. Super excited for the January event.
    • But I have a question regarding Marksmanship that I’ve been hearing different stories from different players but I haven’t had a chance to a staff yet. From what I hear from other players is that if a marksman learns crossbow expertise 1/2 and crossbow mastery the damage carries over to mastery for more damage, I just want to know if this is true or not because I have not seen it on the website under class description.
    • Just want to clarify so I won’t assume anything thanks in advance

You only live once, die, then proceed to live 6 more times.

Rules Director
    Keymaster

Matt,

The skills in question do not stack with each other as suggested by the wording in the Skill description. Said wording is reproduced below for convenience.

Crossbow Expertise 1: “Add 2 to the damage inflicted by your Normal ranged strikes with a Small Crossbow, Light Crossbow and Heavy Crossbow.  This is an Expertise bonus to your damage.”

Crossbow Expertise 2: “Add 3 to the damage inflicted by your Normal ranged strikes with a Small Crossbow, Light Crossbow and Heavy Crossbow, instead of +2.  This is an Expertise bonus to your damage.”

Crossbow Mastery: “Add 5 to the damage inflicted by your Normal ranged strikes with a Small Crossbow, Light Crossbow and Heavy Crossbow, instead of +3  This an Expertise bonus to your damage.”

"The End to War, the End to Pain,
    these will come in Seventh's reign"

Fred Hirsch
    Participant

Jobert,

As a quick follow up, we also wanted to make sure that they are not swappable.

Godfrey can’t learn Crossbow Expertise 1 instead of Bow Expertise 1 and inflict the extra damage with his Bow instead of using a crossbow.

"Men like us are not born! Bards make us up!" - Blik ///////\\\\\\\

"Oh, I like it here in Freehold! Is it always this exciting??" - Godfrey - Hard ways for hard times.

Rules Director
    Keymaster

Fred,

Bows and crossbows are different weapons, much like Blade weapons and Ax weapons are different. Please see the wording of the affected skills. Bow Expertise specifically names out Short Bows (and other bow weapons) while Crossbow Expertise specifically names out Small Crossbows (and other Crossbow weapons). This is in the same way that Blade Expertise does not give you a bonus to Crossbows — they are literally different weapons.

Fred Hirsch
    Participant

Thanks Sir! I had explained it right.

"Men like us are not born! Bards make us up!" - Blik ///////\\\\\\\

"Oh, I like it here in Freehold! Is it always this exciting??" - Godfrey - Hard ways for hard times.

Matt DeFelice
    Participant
      I really appreciate the clarity on this, i assumed if it wasn’t written in the character class section then it was probably hear say from players.

???

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Matt DeFelice.

You only live once, die, then proceed to live 6 more times.

Rules Director
    Keymaster

Glad to help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.