June 2018 Event Highlights (svp reward)

Home Forums Events June 2018 Event Highlights (svp reward)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Albert Smith 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

This moon, Fangzhara attempted to get her revenge on Primus, but nothing went according to plan. Freehold convinced her to stand down and Primus unveiled his control over the demonic prison, the Nursery.

Tell us what you liked about this event by answering the questions below.
    You will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded. You must have attended the June 2018 event in order to be eligible for this reward.

1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?
    3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 7-10-2018 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

West Schliemann
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

The first scrap with Fang-Zhara’s forces outside the inn.  I started off a bit flustered; the Brotherhood told FZ we would give up Primus for nothing up-front, and I couldn’t tell if there was an OOG miscommunication or if that was part of the challenge.  I enjoyed the encounter itself, though- Marlowe was pretty intense, and the overall fight was really dynamic.

What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?

As far as participation goes, .  This was kind of an event for spectacle, though. My favorite moment at-all was astrally projecting with Vallah. Seeing the Immortals act as peers and getting a cue for their plans was really gratifying.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

-Fang-Zhara:  Of all the Immortals, it seems like FZ has shown us the most sincere version of herself- maybe even more so than Vallah. “I almost died tonight” almost warranted a pang of empathy. She seemed legitimately on the fence- like, her avarice will clearly tempt her to screw us for that fat mercurium. On the other hand, she told Asch to trust “those who are honest,” and seemed smart enough to be reluctant when Tenebrous and Portia tried to make a deal with her… right after boasting about how easily they go back on their deals.  I’m excited to see where she lands.

-Primus: DGAF what the Brotherhood says about P-man or how much I distrust him in-game; OOG, I like hearing the nerd talk. Extra kudos for his aesthetic and the kind of antagonist he is.

-The Summer Spirit: Al nailed this role again.  A+ dancing aside, he just made people want to perform.

-Marlowe:  Get an intelligent NPC playing a character who’s dear to them, and they’ll shine.  Marlowe really amped up the difficulty, and low-key made psychology a defining piece of my entire event.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    Finding Cyrus Arius.  I loved working with the (Surprisingly sizable) Callasine crew, and the equal parts challenge and flavor really hit home.  It didn’t occur to me who he was when I approached him first and locked eyes, but once he started slinging spells and insults, it got visceral.

Shelby Miller
    Participant

Saturday Night’s second main mod was my favorite when Primus released the monsters from the Nursery. I felt that there was such a wide range of different enemies that I had to stop and think about how to face each of them. Everyone had been all over the place trying to fend off all the creatures and try and take down Primus. The pure chaos of the battlefield was so much fun to be apart of. World Destroyers are absolutely the worst to face. Those tough suckers XD

I would have to say my favorite role play this event was the constant rp with the immortals, especially with my position being a storm wielder. I decided to fully take advantage for the roleplay concept of the weapon that persuades the user of the weapon to speak against Primus the Deceiver or attack him at any chance they wield gets. Any moment I had a chance to shit talk I did to the point that most of Delphie’s decisions this event had been due been bias due to Stormbringer. I liked the fact that due to this, Delphie had made more riskier decisions that had almost gotten her permed. (Shit! That was intense!). Either way, it had been a blast to focus on that concept and cause some trouble.

Oh boy! I loved the Immortals! LOVED!!!!! Your all were so amazing! From Fang-Zhara’s anger when she had been betrayed again to the tons of rp with the volunteered hostages. It was great to see Primus break his usual “calm and helpful demeanor” to see his face.

Props to Tenebrous and Portia for showing up during last mod. Ya’ll are super creepy and Vallah seemed generally afraid of 3 immortals teaming up. I’m half dreading/ half excited to see more of them.

Despite no one find the meridian flower, I thought that mod had been pretty funny. All it took was an innocent NPC to come in and mention something about a flower and everyone scattered into different directions looking for these things. My shoes were soaked in mud yet alas I couldn’t find it. Someone needs to videotape the reaction of everything being told about the bouquet and flowers next time XD.

There was an Elfin lady Bright,
    The Sun shines fair on Fir' Bolg wall.
    And she would marry a Gohrrim Knight,
    For Love is still the lord of all.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Wild Elf ~ Fir' Bolg

Matt DeFelice
    Participant

1: favorite combat encounter was the big melee between Primus and Fang-zara it was pure and utter chaos and I can’t remember being up for longer than 10 seconds before getting dropped again lol

2: favorite role-play encounter was definitely the astral projection mod with vallah and getting a better understanding of Portia’s, Tenebrous’, and Fang-zara’s relationship with each other, the role-play and acting was amazing!

3: favorite NPC was the spirit of summer, it was fun, uplifting, and filled with energy and i loved it

4: the mad dash from every PC trying to find the meridian flower was amusing to me and even more so since no one found it. Now everyone is worried if an immortal finds it and gets access to the mines lol

You only live once, die, then proceed to live 6 more times.

Mike Robey
    Participant

Well, I suppose that would have to be when Primus sicced the nursery on us.  The combat itself was great fighting all the awful huge things, but I also thoroughly enjoyed the little rp leading up to it, which honestly made it that much more fun for me.

I think it would have to be awakening the spirit of Summer. Naturally Albert did a wonderful job reprising his role. As much fun as he was, I appreciated the warning a lot too. It’s not too terribly often we get a clue as clear as, “You should probably do the thing.” Even IF nobody listened.

I very much liked Fang-zhara. What with us being actively threatened by Portia and Tenebrous, and regularly interacting with Primus and Vallah, it was nice to see and hear from an immortal who hasn’t really been the center of attention lately.

The projection mod with Vallah. It was helpful to see a little more of Tenebrous and Portia, just to get a feel for them, but honestly Fang-zhara made that mod for me too. It is super infrequent that a super-powerful anything says anything complimentary about the town, ever, especially multiple times. But for her to openly tell not one but two other immortals that we were stronger than they gave credit actually moved me. And to hear her repeating to herself she had made a promise she needed to keep just made me more sad the town couldn’t be convinced to give her more of a chance. Here’s hoping she’s not lost to us yet.

Albert Smith
    Participant
    1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

The Yao Guai Fight mod in period 3.  There was a decent amount of NPCs all decently skilled so it made the fight challenging but not impossible.  The RP from some of the NPCs was wonderfully executed and they were just as dedicated to the rp as they were the battle itself.  I was able to experience spine throwers for the first time which was definitely a new kind of hell for me. On a personal level having the Yao Guai return to Freehold allowed room for a cool rp moment from Azure as he kind of lost his temper because of his backed up feelings about Kenrei and Portia. He also learned the down side of losing his temper which was getting his butt kicked in the battle, but also his lack of necessary skills later in the event. It made him think

2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?

Primarily it was going on the BatHala Shrine mod. I really enjoy all the bits of Riverfolk knowledge and lore that come my way. It was also very affirming for Azure and his backstory/free tribe rp. Espinoza was very good at clarifying what was happening while simultaneously being vague and ominous.  The objective was simple but still took some work.  It was a good lead in to another possible mod in the future and yet another issue or the Freefolk to worry about. It added to this doomsday path we seem to be on where any and everything that can go wrong is.

3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

The Oana were quite enjoyable to have in game.  The characters are very fleshed out, and provide a nice mix of RP.  It was really cool having them present at my Master Bard Training and it was wonderful watching them interact with the bards that played the character representing their deities. It was hilarious listening to them react the entire time the play was happening and i think they helped the crowd be more into it as well.

Also Daycloud being their almost made me cry. He’s so much cooler than I wrote him and i’m super happy he is so recurring.  It was literally like Azure’s stepdad showed up at my final recital.

Vallah is always an intense experience and his words often hit very hard for Azure. They just end up being very well chosen and well timed.

I already mentioned Espinoza but still worth repeating.

I was super late to the Fangzhara storyline so getting to see the current Fangzhara has been really cool. Shes more 3 dimensional than I imagined and it makes dealing with her very confusing. Also Azure is panic stricken when she shoes up cause of the dark circus so her behavior being so different from that perplexes him deeply.

4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

When Unity came in she had a game to find her friend Roman. I accidentally ended up in the right place at the wrong time and ran into Roman. So as far as Azure was concerned there was just some random spirit creature running around the woods, but when he went to talk to it, the creature vanished.  I enjoyed the way the interaction played out.  It was made better by the fact that it as never out of game clarified but all played in game . It reinforced the random magicalness of the Midworld and was immersion inducing. It was kind of funny watching Romans reaction as Violet Rayne used her new found powers to locate him.  Romans reactions was priceless.

In Spirit I trust
    -Azure Heart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.