June 2017 Event Highlights

Home Forums Events June 2017 Event Highlights

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt DeFelice Matt DeFelice 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt Wagner
    Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

The astral seed has been acquired thanks to Freehold and the hero Prismak! Along the way, Freehold saved a summer spirit from a nightmare, traversed the sargasso, defeated a verminous colossus… and so much more.

Tell us what you liked about this event by answering the questions below. You will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded. You must have attended the May 2017 event in order to be eligible for this reward.

1. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    2. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    3. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    4. What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?
    5. Bonus- Who is your greatest PC ally in Freehold? How about NPC? Why?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 6-19-2017 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Profile photo of Shelby Miller
    Shelby Miller
    Participant

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

I didn’t have so many interactions with NPCs this event however the little interactions with them made the event so much fun. I really liked the meeting of the Envoys, representatives of kingdoms and witch Kings/Queens with the town. Hearing about the struggles that each kingdom was facing as well as their efforts to help other kingdoms really allowed me to see a united view of Midworld. Cid (sp?) was a great character to keep everyone on track with his mostly serious nature, though Delphie enjoyed the dry humor he occasional presented. Additionally, Travis’ npc as the cow literally had me giggling as he committed to the role so much.
    What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

My favorite mod was the Friday night/ Saturday morning against the parasite worms. I found that the wave upon wave of monsters was a true test on my stamina as well as making me learn the consequences of using all my SP in the beginning of battle. Note to self, stop trying to harvest everything, sometimes it’s a bad idea. It was tiring yet so much fun to bring out the warrior in Delphie in this battle. Having to fight monsters while the sun rose just made it show that it doesn’t matter what time of day or night it is, Freehold is always in danger and needs to be protected.
    What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

My favorite mod hands down was the Bog Mod. I found this mod the most challenging one I’ve ever participated in so far. Balance and teamwork was a must when it came to crossing balance beams, iron rope bridges, and keeping out of the bog while fighting off enemies. Having great strength was definitely a plus in this mod as it saved myself along with others when they got caught in the bog. I don’t think I’ve ever been so nervous to enter a mod before but I’m happy to say that it ended up being the most enjoyable as it made all of us truly take in the risks and value each character’s actions so we could be victorious. Seriously great mod!
    What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

The tension in the beginning of period 1 where Delphie and Onora confronted Devlin about the attack on Gohrrim was one of the immersive moments for me as I was able to show a very serious side of my character who fights with her anger on a daily basis. This really set the mood for her which affected her throughout the rest of the game. (she was turning to some drinking for a decent amount of game haha )

I found some of the most immersive moments was the conversations I had with several other townsfolk throughout game. I think this was truly an event where I stepped out of my comfort zone to speak with people I normally didn’t talk such as Howl, Sir William, Nayesh, and Zircon.

Also the light around the entire town when Freehold had been moved into the Aether truly made everything so immersive as it set a very unnatural feeling everywhere. Delphie truly felt more nervous moving away from the inn as it didn’t know what to expect to run into.

Bonus- Who is your greatest PC ally in Freehold? How about NPC? Why?

I find that the greatest PC allies I have so far in freehold are both my Gohrrim clan sisters Onora and Shelagh as we all stick together and make sure our voices are heard individually as well as a clan in town. Outside of her clan, Delvin is one of her greatest Allies as she believes he’s been very honest with her and is very cool headed and it able to reason with the hot headed elf and keep her from doing stupid things.

An few allies outside of Firbolg that Delphie values is Valen, Gawaine, and Michael so far as she has been able to speak with them and learn more about them making them more than just random people from other Kingdoms. Delphie isn’t the most trusting but she hopes to find people to change that.

NPC wise, she along with many others in town see Stablemane as a great ally as she is a very good voice of reason and seems to truly want to keep the Kingdoms as well as Midworld safe. Delphie does value many of the brotherhood members as allies as well such as Brother Whisp, Grimm, and Ox as they are extremely helpful with trainings but additionally they are always someone Delphie can trust in battle.

There was an Elfin lady Bright,
    The Sun shines fair on Fir' Bolg wall.
    And she would marry a Gohrrim Knight,
    For Love is still the lord of all.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Wild Elf ~ Fir' Bolg

Profile photo of Maria Paleologo
    Maria Paleologo
    Participant

I have to give this kudos to Prismak and all of his echos. On an in game level they’re always hilarious to interact with, especially Mismak in my opinion. Just the utter ridiculousness of these characters and the commitment the npcs put into them is always something to commend. Also the god dang applesauce, so many lost appetites to that. Props to you, Matt Wagner, for chugging gods know how much applesauce this weekend.

I unfortunately couldn’t do too many combat encounters this weekend as I hurt my ankle friday night. However I’d have to say my favorite has to go to fighting the spoon golem to get Steelmak to agree to help us. Getting to fight alongside Brother Mars and the everyone with pretty much all of us expressing just how ridiculous this all was. Also getting a surprise buff from Brother Mars at one point in the battle was hilarious to me, it just felt like a “well now I have no excuse but to go out there!”

I think I enjoyed the infested animal random encountet the most. I didn’t fight in it, due to the aforementioned injury. But it was pretty great seeing everyone’s reactions to finding out that animals could be infested as well.

It seems minor but for me it was pretty great. At one point John Miller jr came out of the Inn from a nap saying he was going to take a walk around the inn. I told him to be careful, considering the state of the aether but he waved it off saying it was just around the inn. Fastforward to him coming back followed by angry rock guardians. I just felt so immersed in the panic of “what did I tell you!”

NPC wise Malindra sees Brother Ark and Sablemane as her greatest allies outside of her guild. Brother Ark is due to the potentia for training from him, or at least the direction towards who to train from. With Sablemane it’s due to her constant presence and her importance to PC allies.

In regards to PC allies, it would have to be Shining Mirror outside of guild. She feels close to Onora, but she feels a connection with SM that she doesn’t with most other townsfolk. Probably due to Shining Mirror being the one to baptize her.

"When you have three, you have three. When you have two, you have two. When you have one, you have none." Night wisp riddle

Profile photo of Dominica
    Dominica
    Participant

Outside of Thunk and Lady Akasha, I really didn’t interact with many NPCs for longer than a few sentences… So I guess them?  Well there was Prismack for a bit, but he just freaks me out…. like a lot…..

Steelmack’s Spoon Golem fight.  I liked the idea of “Testing out a new invention” and it was a good mix of challenge not that serious intensity.

Violet’s Mythic Path Training (Yes even with the injury I sustained).  It was a nice added difficulty from the previous mod, the feeling of impeding doom was there should we fail.  And it was really great to see a whole group of people from different nations banding together for a cause to help out one person.  Also because it was for the most Boss Person at that larp ^_~

I would say Violet’s Mythic Path Training again.  For the reasons I stated above.  It was a really cool mod.

Here’s a shocker…. Violet Rayne.  She has been there for me and helped me even when I make mistakes.  She accepts me as one of her favored, and his helping me with my personal goals.

Honorable mentions to Pax for similar reasons and providing much needed spiritual guidance.  Keeping me from going dark.

NPC wise… not sure who considers me an ally.  I can say I value my connections with Lady Akasha, Orphia, Bashira, and King Arcturus (RIP), but not sure if I would be at the top of their lists.

Wherever you go.... there you are.

Profile photo of Eugene
    Eugene
    Participant

Favorite NPCs were the “Aetheric Geese”…things. Not sure what they were, but Argo will definitely be on the lookout for more of them.

Favorite combat encounter was main mod… being in front of the Inn, and having enemies come from both sides was quite hectic, but fun.

Aetheric Geese/things with just legs/whatever they were.  Argo and Eugene both quite enjoyed the randomness of the….creatures.

Profile photo of James Mattia
    James Mattia
    Participant

1 : What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    I didn’t really interact with many NPC’s this even but every time I work with Otto von Schwartz its always a pleasure! He always displays a general discontent with being in Freehold and I take a little sadistic glee in knowing that every time I order something its him having to come back and stay away from his homeland.

2 : What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    Ugh favorite?! Main mod, swamp mod, and the pit mod by the inn. All of them were so friggin amazing for their own thing. Even though I didn’t stay for the whole thing (cause my arms were full of loot) I’m going to have to say Swamp mod. I friggin loved that you guys used the already existing course for it. it was crazy and awesome stepping over people just to get to more loot was icing on the cake. I was told after I left that people were cheesing it by using non-combat safe zones to heal and hide back in. probably could have used a like 3 second channel to climb up to those “safe areas”.

3 : What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    So there was a wandering that kept coming by the Labby camp and every time it came by EVERYONE used an escape feat or ability, except Sobak. It was hilarious. Seriously like 3 times they came by and each time we ducked out. leaving sobak to get wrecked. good times.

4 : What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?
    Walking away smug with arms full of swag from the swamp mod. Looking back at the group of people at the shoreline clearly pissed that I stepped over people just to get loot and avoided healing them. it was perfect!

5 : Bonus- Who is your greatest PC ally in Freehold? How about NPC? Why?
    Greatest ally? Ehh I guess Karn? We operate very well together even though we dont see eye to eye on most subjects. I’m his pocket transmuter and hes my pocket scholar, I was going to say Sobak but ally is a strong word for our “relationship”. NPC wise is even harder to come up with an ally none of the dark influences tend to last long enough for me to build a rapport with but I’m sure in time that will change.

Profile photo of Comandante
    Comandante
    Participant

I feel like I didn’t interact a whole lot with NPCs this event, but I do always enjoy having The Mariner in town. Nice guy.

Prismak was amazing though, as were all his fellow pieces? That’s what they are, right? Thunk and Mismak  and Kliklak and so on and so forth? Anyway, all great.

Valen’s Mythic Path training. The combat was great, the mission objective was cool, but do you know how fuckin’ badass it was to watch Valen fuckin’ shrug off the global lava/fire effect? He looked so fuckin’ awesome! He was wreckin’ dudes and taking no shit! It was the best!

The Tongue… followed closely by the Swamp Mod.

I did not participate in the Swamp Mod, but it was rather fun watching every try their damnedest to get through it and then yell at them when they messed up.

Also, it was funny as shit when Zircon took off with almost ALL of the treasure.

Revealing a very deep and dark character secret to a fellow PC late Saturday night, as a way to explain character actions. I’ve never rolled SSSOOOOO deep in RP. It was most intense. MOST intense. I really let myself go all out and it took me awhile to come down from it. I think I’m a big nerd for typing about this experience and I hope you think I’m a big nerd too.

Greatest PC ally? I would hope Captain Ren Stormwater, the fella I’m the Hand to.
      Greatest NPC ally? I want it to be Lady Akasha, but I don’t think it is. She’s just so great and everyone likes her! I wanna be her best friend!

Let me take a moment of your time now to point out two specific PCs that are always pushing & helping me to be a better me and a better PC.

Ichabod De and Azure.

Ichabod has driven me to reveal more of my character and take part in more character moments. He himself is so fuckin’ good at being familiar with the world of 7K and involving himself in the lore and and taking part in the plot that I can’t help but do the best I can to also involve myself in it. To make sense of my character and to make sure Comandante makes the right moves. These things I do because of Ichabod. Also, his shop is place I love to hang out the most. It’s welcoming, it’s inviting. it’s also always super damn immersive.

Next, Azure is truly magic. The costuming, the fighting, the music and now the Free Tribe meetings. Their purpose? To make us better PCs. Through roleplay and combat. By better understanding our characters. The stats on our sheets and what they mean, what the stats on other people’s sheets mean and how we can work in tandem with one another. To use our strengths to help the weaknesses of other’s. He helps us realize what we are truly capable of in combat. How we can fight safer and smarter.

Both of these men deserve any and all praise that happens to be thrust upon them. Both of them make me want to be better. They make me want to DO better.

Thank you for your time and have a lovely day.

~Comandante Antonio Cesaro~
    A Commander Of Life, Love And Lust
    ~Debonair Extraordinaire~

Profile photo of West Schliemann
    West Schliemann
    Participant

Funnily, I didn’t interact with a lot of NPCs outside of the ‘Maks. Brother Ox and Kyle Rumblend were and always are a pleasure to be around. Sir Cori and Hector are in a similar boat; this was my first meeting with Cori, and it was encouraging to see a character with his somber intensity on the Arcturian side of the PCW.

Death Unleashed.  It was pleasantly-tough, specifically with Marcus and Joben on the frontlines. I dropped quite a bit, and had to retreat after a few instances of “well, I have 44 body and I just got railed with seven 5s in a row.” It really woke me up and made me more careful about approaching groups of enemies in low-light.

I try not to say Kingdom mods because there’s a strand of bias, but Xiphos’s Capture was excellent. Sir Cori and Hector are fantastic characters alone, but coming at the Xiphos issue from different sides really piqued tension. Jumping from a tactical combat to an intense RP deliberation really hit the spot. As usual, Hector stuck around to talk for a bit – and as usual, it was appreciated.

Honorable mention to the Sargasso mod. 7K doesn’t use a lot of terrain mechanics, but when they do, they always do a great job. Shout-out to Ren for giving a bit of the mod a charming tabletop feel with his wily ropework.

Talking to Zircon about the nature of Demonic Patrons. Talking about metaphysics IG is usually when I’m at my furthest-in. The only thing that routinely has me more immersed is being outside at night alone or with a good group of RPers in a tense/plot-decisive situation (e.g. ducking Solari, talking to Immortals, etc).

PC: This is gonna sound weird as shit, but Zircon and Pelavir both come to mind. Ulrik does in equal-capacity, but it wasn’t as amusing to lump him in with the others.

Zircon’s been great for business, and I resonate hardcore with Pelavir’s morals and politics. Ulrik’s been in a “bit-of-both” kinda spot, and we talk a bit more on a personal level than I would with the other two.

NPC: Septimia comes to mind first, as a passionate Arcturian and pretty solid all-around hero. Beyond her, Kyle Rumblend‘s endeavors usually resonate with me.

Jinru Goemon rivaled them, but he’s more-than-likely dead. Although, I /do/ have plans that I think could get Kenrei to a livable state… perhaps something can be done.

Profile photo of Matt DeFelice
    Matt DeFelice
    Participant

Favorite Npc interaction

The Mic Mak Npc was so much fun! Goofyness of the character and the all the Pc’s attempts to get him to help freehold were hilarious!

Favorite combat encounter 

My favorite encounter was the spoon golem with Steel Mak, because it was a funny fight. With Ll the Pc’s trying not to get spooned to death and in other cases sporked.

Favorite random encounter 

The aetheric geese were fun,  and having a bunch of people running around the inn acting like geese was weird and amusing.

Most immersive moment

For me it was taking part in the blind-fighting trainning. Getting gold for throwing magic arrows, or knives at players was fun just. And watching them as they tried not get hit was entertaining.

Greatest freehold Ally

My character Asch doesn’t interact with very my people and has few people who he 100% trusts. Zanza is probably his greatest ally because he helped to keep Asch from going around murdering magic users during the ranga mod in january.

You only live once, die, then proceed to live 6 more times.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.