Item clarification

Home Forums Rules Item clarification

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rules Director 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mike Robey
    Participant

I had two queries.

The first is how stacking effects of items work. Is the rule that they don’t stack unless they state that they do, or that their effects do stack unless they say that they don’t? E.g +10hp from Duskwell Talisman and +10hp from Amulet of Athalarion.

Second question, I was recently told that a diamond-soul talisman could negate a master dominate effect, as it is using an item, and not the individual utilizing a skill, feat, or spell. The conversation came about because I was asked if shadow-breaker helped me against Tenebrous in that regard and I assumed no because their dominates are masters. However, shadow-breaker does have a built in “Shadow-breaker, spurn death”. I was wondering if that falls within the same realm of using an item to negate it since the ability comes from the artifact and not myself.

Rules Director
    Keymaster

Mike,

1. Generally speaking, effects do stack unless they specifically say that they don’t. However, identical effects do not stack and Armor Points do not stack either.
    2. Master effects cannot be negated by a Skill, Feat or Spell. In the example you’ve given, Shadow-Breaker grants a Spurn Death which is a Feat and therefore cannot negate a Master effect.

"The End to War, the End to Pain,
    these will come in Seventh's reign"

Eugene
    Participant

I also have a question regarding Master Effects.

My item states “As a Response to an attack from the front or behind, invoke “Runic Blackweave Mantle” to negate that attack.” Would that allow me to negate a Master Effect, as it is not a skill/spell/feat, but an Item Property?

Rules Director
    Keymaster

Eugene,

You are correct. Master effects may be negated in this way. Irresistible effects may not.

"The End to War, the End to Pain,
    these will come in Seventh's reign"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.