February 2018 Event Highlights (svps)

Home Forums Events February 2018 Event Highlights (svps)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Erica Nilsen 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

After directly assaulting the Court of Shadows, Freehold managed to steal away the Tome of Debts and subsequently dispelled many of the demonic pacts that the devilish Court had placed across Midworld. In other news, an archon known as the Justicar was resurrected so that it may lend aid in the coming months against the terrible Court.

Tell us what you liked about this event by answering the questions below.
    You will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded. You must have attended the February 2018 event in order to be eligible for this reward.

1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?
    3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 3-1-2018 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Maria Paleologo
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

I have to give that to the holy ground fight during main mod. Sure it was 10 v 3, with numbers in the towns favor. But having Dimitri, Dagmar and Zaalamon against us was a real true challenge, especially with three of our own having the threat of being dominated if we didn’t protect them. I truly felt like the threat level was real, and I also felt like a real asset to the fight. It was also rewarding to be one of the ones to kill Dagmar.

What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?

I loved the ice elemental play about the fall of Anubisath. All of us playing one another and making a huge show of exagerating personalities. I also loved when I slunk away from the scene to escape “embaressment” when the Kingslayer arrived to watch.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

I always have to give a shout out to Jade for consistently solid rp moments. But I had to loved when I interacted with Zaalamon. Even in the middle of Main Mod we were quiping at each other, and once he flopped sides and was healing us we both knew he was healing me out of spite. I only wish I could have stuck around to try and finish him off.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

I did really enjoy Howlite’s personal plot. It was a lot of fun, and I got to have a fun role play interaction with her and her brother and father. Overall very rewarding.

"When you have three, you have three. When you have two, you have two. When you have one, you have none." Night wisp riddle

Albert Smith
    Participant
      My favorite combat encounter was with the Dutchess and the Painted Ladies on Friday evening. It was a good slow warm up, it was silly which was nice, and it required a bit of thinking as we didn’t want to completely destroy them.  It was nicely layered and fun
    2. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?
      Group- Holy Elementals and Jaxxor mod. No one wanted to destroy the holy elementals but they were so fixed in their minds of what was the truth that it was hard to get through to them. When we did there was such a shift in energy in the space.

Solo/ Personal- Fiona and Beastling Info Drop.  Interaction with the character Fiona is always immersive. She has clear opinions about things, she’s good at delivering information despite her not being good at wyrd spiel. She is emotionally invested in the connections she makes in game, and she leaves an imprint.   Unlike most town things, this feels like an opportunity to be more hands on and involved. Though fighting and helping be an ear is involvement, often it can feel like stuff is happening around the pcs instead of to them.  This situation directly affects Azure, the other beastlings, and the Adepts. In some ways this also connects us to the Pendrakken because of the war. This plot is really pulling me as a beastling into game proper. I enjoy the activity i’ve generated for myself via my various goals, as well as the stuff I’ve been given as far as personal plot. But its really nice to have something storyline based thrown in my direction as well, especially cause it brings Azure together with so many other characters in game.  I’m glad this plot is coming back, and i’m sad i missed it the first time.

3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
      Greta was hilarious played, and so genuine in performance. Her quips didn’t seem forced or false. She didn’t seem like a charicature. She just was an obnoxious narcissistic artist.

Fiona I mentioned, but should also clarify that she is a really good example of how to play a primal beastling.

The Justicar was really intense. Aside from just the visual that he is, his voice and speech patterns make you listen. The way he moved also commanded attention. I believed who he was.

Primus is always intimidating and an immersive experience in and of himself for similar reasons to the notes on the Justicar above.

4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
      Demetrius on Friday night. He is a horrifying encounter in and of himself. It really was super distracting and disorienting.  It was really scary having him just show up in town like that with all his flunkies. It really is showing how the ante has been upped as far as game difficulty.  I really enjoy Thor as a berserker type villain. Just like with Aagamar, he carries a presence on the field when he embodies the character and its brings them to life. His words are chosen so well as to not be cliche but still evoke that classic villain sound. He fights in a way that is difficult, but still fun and engaging. Like I rarely feel overwhelmed dealing with Thor on the battle field in this way.  As a side but related note, Jack Crull is usually a similar kind of good.

In Spirit I trust
    -Azure Heart

West Schliemann
    Participant
      <li style=”font-weight: 400;”><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>
      </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>
      </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Dimitri on Friday.  The way he just casually asked us to comply really caught me off-guard, and not knowing how bad it would be if they followed up on their threat frightened me.  The NPCs put up a great, dynamic fight- and, on a less-important note, the drops were good, which encouraged me to take more risks than I would otherwise.</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>

</span>
      <li style=”font-weight: 400;”><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>
      </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Onora’s suicide, and the fallout walk with Delphie after.  The soul well jump itself was really intense, especially since West considers Onora close.  It made the Fir’Bolg dissention a lot more real for me, and really sold the dark fantasy undertone that this game has been cultivating in its later years.</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>

</span>
      <li style=”font-weight: 400;”><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>
      </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Zaalamon for reasons stated above.  Kyle, Jaxxor, the Maevewarden, Leon and the Justicar also nailed it; the first two really capture the vibe of talking to a friend, and they all drop sick lore. Shout to Hektor, too- he’s great casual company, and provides a lot of much-needed closure on how things went between events.</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>

</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>      4. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>
    </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>The jailbreak.  Messing up with the pressure trap rekindled my caution, and getting Kyle back, I think, could be a huge victory for Midworld.  Further, the intensity was A+.</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>
    </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Also, Demon Ark was terrifying.  West is thoroughly-relieved that he wasn’t named- that he didn’t out him about ‘grapefruits’ and that Ark pretty much got his vengeance for the red tape West put him through. He’s still painfully-aware that Ark has one of his lives, and I’m excited to see where it goes.  Could it be recovered? Can Demon Ark use it to dominate West?  Can he do worse?  Probably.  </span>

Shelby Miller
    Participant

Despite all the rain, I really enjoyed the main-ish mod. I feel as though the rain added to the atmosphere of the fight to get the Tome. The music only added to the fight while we tried our best to distinguish enemy from friend through the buckets of water. After we headed back into town with the Tome, we instantly had to deal with 2 world Destroyers (I think that’s what they’re called) and I pretty much was cheering to go back outside in the downpour despite being soaked.

Oh boy let’s see, I enjoyed the rp between West and I on Friday after Onora had jumped into the Soulwell. Delphie had turned to answer as usual and picked a fight with him for not trying harder to stop her. It seems to be a common occurrence for Delphie to pick fights with people by asking them to take a walk with her.

I also enjoyed talking a lot with Jack and Devlin about the current event with our kingdom and where it left all of us. I think during this time could truly be turning points for our characters as we all are left with pretty big decisions right now that will determine our future in Fir’ Bolg.

Dmitri. He has such a creepy vibe to him that makes you either want to go in the opposite direction or start swinging at him. It shocked a ton of us when he just showed up in front of the inn and many of us should have realized he was merely a distraction. I think the type of character he is makes it impossible to ignore him which allowed him to get the upper hand which led to bombs being set off.

Gru and Ayman, the Fir’ Bolg betrothed who came to town on Saturday had been interesting to speak to regarding the high tensions in the kingdom. It was nice for Devlin and I to talk about our stresses with the recent turn of events in out kingdom, as well as potentially brainstorm what to do next.

Special note to Primus.  I’ve heard so much about him so putting a face to a name make it beneficial. Unfortunately I volunteered to keep watch outside in case of any unwelcomed visitors so I was unable to really talk to him but listening to him from outside I was able to just listen.

Evelynn’s personal plot mod was so great. So darkly yet so great. This was my favorite mod of the event.  For months Evelynn has told Delphie about her child being taken from her and Delphie had been hell-bent on helping het get her kid back. The eerie setting we walking into drew shivers down my spine when we interrupted Zale’s ritual. The small group of us fought well and hard but we were bested by the Zale and his crew. It was absolutely heart wrenching to see Evelynn’s baby ripped apart and sacrificed to make Zale a weapon. I sure it had everyone speechless. Not gonna lie, you gained a PC tear out of me there.

There was an Elfin lady Bright,
    The Sun shines fair on Fir' Bolg wall.
    And she would marry a Gohrrim Knight,
    For Love is still the lord of all.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Wild Elf ~ Fir' Bolg

Nicole Wheatley
    Participant

Being the only ultralight in town I can’t take part in combat of course this doesn’t mean I don’t hear the battles going on around me.  One that amused me was when the town was attacked by ice elementals named Jack Frost.  I wonder if anyone asked if they wanted to have some fun with a snowball fight what a great name for them.  To then hear people, scream its not elementals its fucking world destroyers run!  Made me laugh because a lot of people were heading outside all confident only to have it backfire on them.

Sitting down with the beast kin and not only bringing them up to speed but also gaining new insight into their views of their community and how they represent themselves as a free tribe. Working on the cure with Alberts and crap I think Dan’s character the town historian in game with intakes I.D. We were able to compare notes and come up with a plan of attack.

Personal wise gaining more confidence as my character in game. I enjoyed the mod with Primus and made decisions that were best for my character. I sometimes feel left out being a non-fighter, but these puzzles and mind games are were I feel Alena can shine. I know going downa certin path will cause me trouble but I’m looking forward to getting out of said situation.

Jobert when I interact with his characters I feel immersed in the game he insures I not only have a good time during the events but that I’m also involved. There will be times were his characters will be talking to other players and the next thing I know he’s next to me getting my opinion of matters going on in town.

The investigation of the crime scene of the murder of the Ixia representative. I love solving crimes they are real world puzzles in fact that was my first career track in college before I was kicked out of the program due to my vision. I had a blast working with Shining Mirror and her partner envoy in discovering who was behind the murder and why. I hope there are more mods like this because one it makes you think creativity and forces you to work with other kingdoms.

This event was a lot of fun for me even if mother nature decided to rain on us. There was a balance between fighting mods and non-fighting mods. I had numerous mods and characters I was taking part in that I was kept busy. I know that staff is busy trying to ensure everyone including themselves have fun and this event was a success in that matter.

Erica Nilsen
    Participant

I unfortunately did not fight as much as I desired (came late to game, being drenched & exhausted), but like Maria commented earlier the main mod holy ground protect the demon people was very cool.  I was scared the whole time because NPC were tossing around 50 swings and I only have 37 HP.  Nana saved me so much (thanks) and the threat felt so real.  I also was scared because the mixture of rain and costuming diminished my fighting ability so I had to be so, so careful with my swings and blocking.

1. What was your favorite role-play encounter this event? Why?/ What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

I could gush for awhile about my personal plot.  Howl has been very sad because numerous allies and friends she grew close to have not returned to Freehold or died.  So reconnecting with other characters in general was really great, and seeing her brother lifts her spirits.  When Thor came out as my brother and I saw him, I slipped further into my character.  Erica?  Erica who?  No idea who that is!  Yes, I fell head long into my character, her anger, frustration, and hate toward her father.  Also please reward Poe with something please because he was a great evil dad.  I popped all my saved abilities on this mod and the RP after was the best.  In my angry I simple beat on him for awhile, interrogated him, and came up with a great idea.  Already I broke the horns off the demon that was inside my dad, but I also cut and shave off my dad’s beard.  Thor parading it on the hammer was another great touch.  Slade Bloodstone as portrayed by Poe also included great dialogue and my aftermath with Maria was really cool.  She feels incredibly indebted to those that helped her, and cannot wait to try to deal with her stuff more.  Thanks staff for writing cool plot things and challenging my character.

1. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

If the above does not explain it, I don’t know what will.  Seriously Thor is good at being an older brother and the funniest dialogue exchanged occurred between my father and I.
    SB: You will regret this!  You’re siblings are doomed!
    HB: ????
    SB: They will all die for what you have done, the demons!
    HB: Iolite, you good?
    IB: Yep.  No demons in me.
    HB: Sooooo they’re gonna die?
    SB: Yes.
    HB: ……Okay cool, I hated them.  Less people to fight over my family inheritance!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.