Defending VS Whirlwind Attacks and Effects

Home Forums Rules Defending VS Whirlwind Attacks and Effects

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rules Director 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jordan
    Participant

I recall a long time ago I was told that Whirlwind attacks and effects can be defended with Parry/Block/Dodge/Evade, but I was also told that only effects that defend properly against the effect can be used; like the Storm-borne ability of Bright Witch to use Whirlwind Knockback 10 after a 2s Channel, can only be defended against with Evade or Break Force?

Since I’ve only just returned last month, I’m not sure what the most recent ruling is and I don’t know where to locate such a ruling online. I couldn’t find it in the ‘Crowd Control’, ‘Defending in Combat’, ‘Damage Types’, but I may have just missed it somewhere obvious.

Rules Director
    Keymaster

Jordan,

Defending against Whirlwind attacks can be done with Parry, Block, etc. The only times that there are exceptions is when the attack is a “Master” effect or a “Piercing” effect. The former cannot be defended against with any Feat, Skill or Spell. The latter requires a Dodge or an Evade.

"The End to War, the End to Pain,
    these will come in Seventh's reign"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.