Class feature question (Specifically Smite the Wicked)

Home Forums Rules Class feature question (Specifically Smite the Wicked)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rules Director 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Diego
    Participant

My main question pertains to using class features while in your death count. I know you cannot use skills feats or spells while you’re in your death count unless specifically stated, but Class features are kind of a separate category on their own.  Is it possible to use a class feature that provides healing, such as the Crusader’s Smite the Wicked, while in your first or even second death count since it’s not a skill spell or feat?

PC: Thane Ulrik Grimswolf, The Archon Slayer, Priest of Lucca, Envoy of the Chained Kingdom of Jotunbrud.

Hail Lucca

Rules Director
    Keymaster

Diego,

Unless it says otherwise, you are unable to use said ability or feature while in your first or second Death Count. Take note that in your Second Death Count, you are effectively unconscious. Furthermore, in both Death Counts, the rules specifically prevent the ability to perform attacks (of which Smite the Wicked is definitely an attack).

"The End to War, the End to Pain,
    these will come in Seventh's reign"

Diego
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification! The main reason I was unsure about smite the wicked was because it starts off with a self heal and then goes into an attack. Thanks again!

PC: Thane Ulrik Grimswolf, The Archon Slayer, Priest of Lucca, Envoy of the Chained Kingdom of Jotunbrud.

Hail Lucca

Rules Director
    Keymaster

No problem! Most of those abilities or class features will usually say if they can be used during your first and/or second Death Count (e.g. Aspect of Wrath, What is Dead Cannot Die, “Mostly Dead”, etc).

"The End to War, the End to Pain,
    these will come in Seventh's reign"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.