Audition (open)

Home Forums Annie’s Inn Audition (open)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Squirrel! Squirrel! 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael Bass
    Michael Bass
    Participant

Daishi stepped into the Inn with his usual exaggerated crescent stride, setting a sign to the notice board penned in clean sweeping strokes efficient and legible with flourish in the signature his face impassive to the current calamity beyond simple purpose and determination:

“Seeking capable combatants

Generous wages and reasonable benefits

Inquire within

Daishi, Campaigning Mayor”

He then finds a table near the drinks and pours several drinks as he begins writing with his gilded pen with the large cut crystal atop it on a thick scroll laid flat out on the table. He places the cup of guest drinks far from his writing area at the head of the table.

Mike B(lustering)

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Profile photo of Michael Bass Michael Bass.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Profile photo of Michael Bass Michael Bass.
    Profile photo of Squirrel!
    Squirrel!
    Participant

Squirrel approached the notice board, his eyes squinting at the newest addition of messages on the board. Squirrel, for some reason, had plenty of blood dripping from his lovely fur cape and some dried onto his cheeks as he did his best to actually read the message. Strapped over his shoulders was the ever lovely serrated spear that he enjoyed shredding things with, and just along his thigh was attached his three discs their razor sharp appearance as new as the day he had them forged.

Despite his eccentric attire and weaponry, he grabbed the note in the most blasé fashion before roaming around to enter the proper portion of the inn. “Who is Daishi, and where am I inquiring inside of? I enjoy the stabbing of the stuffs.”

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Profile photo of Squirrel! Squirrel!.

"Everyone just calls me: Squirrel... or Squirrel the Ballista if you're feeling titles!"

Michael Bass
    Participant

Daishi nods and waves a hand to get the young mans attention without actually looking up and indicates the opposite end of the table with several different drinks already lined up with his pen.

“If you would have a seat over there please. I have few questions but every one of them is important. We will begin when you are ready.”

Daishi looks up a moment and sighs with a tightlipped expression then:

“…After you clean your hands enough to put another unbloodied paper back on the board. Here you go.”

He begins to write another flyer identical to the first one and waits to see if the young man complies.

Mike B(ehaving but barely)

Squirrel!
    Participant

Squirrel looks at his hands before using the old flyer to wipe off his hands… then uses the inside of his cloak to smear off some of the blood, making his cloak a bit more bloody. He has the right idea, before he just walks over to a basin of water and dunks his hands in it.

“I might squish a bit when I sit down.” He says as he dries off his hands on what little unsoiled clothing he had on. Apparently if there was one thing this young Wild Elf loved doing, it was what he was covered in.

With a promptly outstretched hand, he looks at the new flyer, regardless of if it was ready or not, he would just wait patiently for it all the same. “I believe my hands are clean enough to put the new parchment on the board.”

"Everyone just calls me: Squirrel... or Squirrel the Ballista if you're feeling titles!"

Michael Bass
    Participant

Daishi hold up one finger  as an indication to wait and begins speaking as he continues to look at the parchment and waits for both the ink and potential recruits hands to dry.

“Seeing as you possess a polearm I think some alliteration… nevermind. It would be lost on you.” Daishi rest his elbows on the table and steeples his fingers to rest his chin upon and stares forward in blank eyed contemplation a moment after setting the pen back in it’s purple velvet case. “How… to… explain? We’ll start with the simple question. Motive. What do you value most? Pay, power, or purpose?”

Daishi slides the paper across the table to him  watching for his response with an intensity counter to the bored expression.

Mike B(affling.)

Squirrel!
    Participant

Squirrel shakes off his hand, looking at the parchment with a smirk before his eyes would flicker up to the intense gaze. A suddenly amused expression would erupt across his features as he sits down in his chair with a soft bloody squish.

“Alliteration isn’t something the one of eighty eight requires. And as for your first question, I seek purpose the most, but not a simple purpose. My purpose is to be entertained, I know my purpose the pay is just a bonus and the power comes in time.” Squirrel would smirk, his otherwise wild appearance giving an illusion of ignorance but his words were spoken with eloquence that was rather sudden, and possibly unexpected from The Blood Soaked Younglin of the Ballista.

Michael Bass
    Participant

Daishi idly waves one hand as though shooing off some imagined nuisance while rubbing his chin with the other hand before the words spill freely from him “Should you possess the patience to pursue the path I pick, your progress to power will play into your purpose according to my predatory planning… Providied you prove pliant to my praise purely and perfectly. ”

Daishi points to Squirrel “Next question: Presuming I proclaim policy, will you participate or pass in perpetuity?”

Mike B(eing difficult)

Squirrel!
    Participant

“Well, a Squirrel is always willing to participate in policy, dependant on the absolute participation in question. Considering it requires my proficiency with a spear, I am going to imagine that it involves protecting you to some extent. Consider me dually and more so interested, but do bear in mind that as a follower of Lucca, I do have some dedication to the church, and Thane Ulrik and the rest of the Warband. So there may be times where my direct services will be unavailable. If that is alright.” Squirrel explains folding his arms over his chest with a rather indifferent look.

Michael Bass
    Participant

Daishi’s expression shifts to having tasted something unpleasant and he sips something from a flask before replying. “Your Thane refused to support my efforts regardless of any understanding on what I intend. And belief in any religion isn’t objectionable if it doesn’t run counter to my plans. I’m being honest. I’m working with a fraction of what my kingdom promised. This town is a triggered trap about to explode. I need people that can lighten the load.”

Daishi reaches up and clenches a fist to the sky. “The opportunity I offer is to become a resource. I would task you with how to progress, which actions to employ and compensate you in a manner you will find most satisfying. When I am done you will profit and prosper both financially and tactically. You give me control and I will give you victory.”

Daishi sweeps his arm in front of him “You stray from that and you are a wasted resource to me. It pains me to make bad investments so your loyalty will give you a value I do not intend to squander. Should you agree, we’ll start at twenty gold and outfit you accordingly. I wanted to offer more and will as you complete each task in turn. Have you any talismans yet? Which professions are you trained in? Can you eventually achieve a master’s skill with that spear? Since I’ve said I’m not willing to waste resources will you follow orders in battle confidently? ”

Mike B(attle ready)

Squirrel!
    Participant

Squirrel seems to only mull over the questions, not the responses to his own answers, though his attention is more drawn to the front as the arm is swept across the table.

“The Talismans I possess are few, only my Agimat of Strength, normally Lucca blesses me when the town is gathered in number, and gives my weapon a much furthered drive with his blessing. The professions with which I am currently best are the arts of healing… and dismantling the body. I have received lesson in the art of making traps, and the ways of making more weaponry as I am rather eccentric in my pursuit of destruction of those who wish to harm me. I canot achieve the masters skill with this spear, but when the enemy turns their back, it is most an unwise decision, for my knowledge of anatomy allows me to strike where it will hurt them the most, mayhaps a dirty blow to rattle their senses. And I always follow an order with confidence, as long as it is not a fools suicidal task, as some other people have attempted this past moon…”

Squirrel leans back in his chair, rolling his head around before his twitching it suddenly to the side, letting out a softened sigh.

Michael Bass
    Participant

Daishi takes out a small book and removes his  guilded quill to begin recording things and crosses off a few things on the first couple pages while adding notes of his own. “The agimats are very short lived. A simple green oak talisman may grant you a second chance at survival. A potion can have a similar outcome if you wait to drink it discreetly. Survivalist profession has several weighted advantages in regards to offered skills, self sufficiency and reward potential. You can put that notice back on the wall as I’ll need several people.”

Mike B (argaining)

Squirrel!
    Participant

“I’ll have to find a suitable replacement for my Agimat… does nice things for my strength, but there are many things I have to do as well it seems.” Squirrel says as he moves to pin the message back on the board.

“So I’m going to imagine that I’ll be under your employ at the same time then? Also, I’m almost positive I know just the people to go to for the Talisman.”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.