April 2017 Event Highlights (svp offer)

Home Forums Events April 2017 Event Highlights (svp offer)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt Wagner Matt Wagner 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt Wagner
    Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

The Moon Spider Caravan visited town, Sergio Sergio held a successful Spring fashion show, and the King-Priest himself visited Freehold to assist in defeating a shadowy menace.

Tell us what you liked about this event by answering the questions below. You will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded. You must have attended the April 2017 event in order to be eligible for this reward.

1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    2. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
    4. What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?
    5. Over the course of the entire game’s life, what was your favorite meal that the kitchen made and why?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 5-1-2017 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Profile photo of Maria Paleologo
    Maria Paleologo
    Participant
    1. What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
      It’s a pretty solid tie between the reveal mod of the troll guy when I was NPC side and main mod. In the first case it was incredibly fun to play an umbral beast with a dominate. Getting to figure out the best moment and target for it was amazing. As well as making sure what lore dump needed to happen actually got out. In the case of Main mod it was because I got to fight side by side a Brotherhood member and feel like there was a camaraderie there as well as a mutual appreciation, even if it was my characters imagination. It was especially intense since, as a Shadowsoul, I was particularly in danger if I was down too long near the main boss.
    2. What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
      I enjoyed the soul well unleashed mod the most in that regard. From the get go we all though the hook was shady as all heck but went along anyway. I was also able to solidify my character’s adherence to the tenants of her religion by ensuring that certain other characters got out of the dangerous situation first before anyone else.
    3. What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?
      Once again this is a tie between Sergio Sergio and Brother Arc. In Sergio’s case, I was able to bullshit and play up the fashionista qualities of my character as well as her affluence. It was fun being able to play those characteristics against an npc so similar to her (fashion obsessed merchant). In Brother Arc’s case, it was great feeling like at the least a seed of mutual understanding was being nurtured. We got to chat and banter when he wasn’t too urgently busy with helping the King Priest and we fought side by side. I also enjoyed the reoccuring statement of “It’s hard to find a shadowsoul at night” that happened between us.
    4. What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?
      When the curse hit everyone in town and everyone began to act with with umbral hysteria. In that moment I was inside Mal’s vindictiveness in everyone having to go through what she goes through every moment of the day with her parasite. And getting to see them loose control was such a moment of bliss for her that I honestly couldn’t stop grinning from ear to ear in mirth.
    5. Over the course of the entire game’s life, what was your favorite meal that the kitchen made and why?
      I honestly can’t remember every meal I’ve ever had at game for the last three years, but I can remember components that I’ve enjoyed. I’ve always enjoyed the grits that were made in the morning for breakfast for one, the option to add butter as we need makes it especially better than usual mass made grits. In other cases it would have to be the chicken made and mashed potatoes. When I see that on the list for feast I almost always know that it’s going to be yummy and enjoyable.

"When you have three, you have three. When you have two, you have two. When you have one, you have none." Night wisp riddle

Profile photo of James Mattia
    James Mattia
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why? Final mod plain and simple. Out numbered out gunned running for my life using every trick I had to stay alive actually letting a Bard song affect me cause the chips were down. Epic.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so? Bear bacon mod. Travis is a wonderful NPC, awesome roleplaying. Dominated assassinated half my team as a result.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so? Meeting with Bail the Basilisk was the cherry on the cake. Talking with a like minded individual about spreading ruin and havoc was a breath of fresh air. It was a nice start to what I hope is a begining to a chain of events.

What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you? Near do well mod with the farmer. Tracking them down was a lil bit wonky cause of a lil misshap but when we got there everything clicked.

Over the course of the entire game’s life, what was your favorite meal that the kitchen made and why? I’m easy, pierogies I can never get enough of them.

Profile photo of Albert Smith
    Albert Smith
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?
    The Eeshu mod Saturday Afternoon. The global effects were kind of nuts, but it was cool to experience. Huskies character was an experience, and I was so happy when I realized he was an Adept. I’m sad I was not able to interact with him more this weekend. Marcus was good as Eeshu. He kicks ass in general, and always brings a good energy to his characters.

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?
    Sergio Sergio’s Fashion Extravaganza was such a blast. I really enjoyed not only performing in it, but experiencing the talents of the other players as well. The NPC’s were silly, but not too absurd that it was distracting. It was such an interesting experience overall.

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

This is an extremely hard decision to make. Its tied between two. The King Priest and Joberts Adept from Pendrakken. I believe both were extremely well roleplayed with great character expression. The characters had very specific flavor that showcased the world they are from and their beliefs. They commanded attention, while not hogging the spotlight. They invited players into the moments they were a part of, for better or for worst. It made for many different interactions in a small moment which was amazing to see and experience. I also felt some pressure as Azure being the only person not from a politically powered kingdom, but he was treated with respect which was very humbling, and kind.

What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

Bartholomeow and my interaction with him was my most immersive moment. I felt I was able to discuss the more core parts of who Azure was with Bartholomeow and it may lead to something. This interaction lead to discussions with with other pc characters Azure is very close with. Meaningful roleplay happened that Bartholomeow was a catalyst for and a part of.

Over the course of the entire game’s life, what was your favorite meal that the kitchen made and why?

Sausages and rice in gravy. It was absolutely perfect. I still think about this meal.

People are only what they hide in the shadows.

The Wisps know all

~Tailor B Hemmingway~

Profile photo of Michael Bass
    Michael Bass
    Participant

1.What was your favorite combat encounter this event? Why?

Main Mod. I read up on my abilities and noted I don’t need to move slowly during study counts and can defend though them so long as i’m not hit and interrupted. Was fun despite the ache in my legs the day after. Also got to RP as under the domination effect a little more tactically thanks to the clarification before lay on.

2.What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

I had fun playing the Spider Moon Caravan NPC. Have a lot of people intersted in Instantaeous Overwhelming Power for the next time the Caravan is in town and has some in stock.

3.What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most? How so?

Brother Ox. Every progressional step towards set goals has a sense of acomplishment to them. I’d rather apply what I’ve learned after I’m better equipped and had some time to train in the new style to be both effective and safe.

4.What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

Death Unleashed. Had to fight against laughing while sitting still for a little over an hour under my character’s misconception of thinking camouflage had some sort of mystically impenetrable quality to it when all he had to do was move or make a sound. The pitiful tone in Blue’s reply when the person that hid Blue returned to check if he was still in the area said it all: “How do I stop?”

5.Over the course of the entire game’s life, what was your favorite meal that the kitchen made and why?

Bread bowl soup with a turkey/chicken leg on the side. Warm, filling, siumple and an epic experience right out of any Tavern tale.

Mike B(reeead Booowl)

Azure Fumare Renard aka Blue the Connoisseur Callasine.

Profile photo of Dominica
    Dominica
    Participant

What was your favorite combat encounter this event?Why?

Not going to lie, it would have to of been Final Mod.  It was less of a all out battle, and more of a skirmish/survival.  Running around most of the main camp areas, picking off random NPCs when we got the chance, trying to save others who got caught.  Regrouping and scouting around.  Oh, and (Unfortunately done too late) and awesome mid fight Bardic Refresh session.But the encounter was equal parts “Oh shit we all might die” and “Lets see just how much we can do here”.  Much love <3

What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most? How so?

Pendrakken Mod where we went after Xyphos. Was really hyped to see a member of House Graellen show up, and for him to be a bad ass adept to boot. We found out some more about what’s going on with the civil war, and how each side is having their own problems

What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most?

How so?Gaius Dammerlick(spelling?). I love how he came into town and dooped us into helping him and then spread the madness right under our noses. I thought he was played really nicely.

What was the most immersive in-game moment of the weekend for you?

Dealing with the Umbral Madness. The challenge of trying to play out the RP elements of the curse and still function as my character was a lot of fun. At the same time it feels like another flavor of Portia’s Symbiote although not as difficult to remove (yet, going to have to see if there are other ways of removal outside of the “cash wall” removal method that is commonly known)

Over the course of the entire game’s life, what was your favorite meal that the kitchen made and why?

I really love Vannessa’s mashed potatoes. I could have a whole plate of them for a dinner and be perfectly content.

Wherever you go.... there you are.

Profile photo of Matt Wagner
    Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

Thank you for your feedback! <3

This offer is no longer available.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.