A Stop Home (Closed)

Home Forums Annie’s Inn A Stop Home (Closed)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kyersten 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Megan Kendall
    Participant

Things were quiet in the inn when Flowers left through the back door to go to home for the first time in months. A million and one things ran through her head on the way. Who would be up, how long had Valen had been gone, should she tell the kids? So many things…

Having been lost in thought, the trip seemed to fly. Flowers slowed her pace as her home came into view. Lights were on and smoke rose from the chimney. She swore quietly to herself. The gnome had hoped the house would be quiet. She didn’t have a lot of time.

Flowers fumbled looking for her key not having remembered the last time it was used. After what seemed like hours, she finally found the damned thing in the depths of her bag and unlocked the door. Everything happened far louder than she wanted. It took her a moment to notice Tranquil and Sun in the living room.

“H..hey,” she stammered setting her things down. “I uh.. gotta go home. Did you uh, tell em?” she looked at Tranquil.

Smiling Flowers - Envoy to Ixia - Strong Heart - Various Other Things 🙂

Kyersten
    Participant

Striking Sun was curled up on a chair, snoring softly. The yelling she had heard earlier this moon concerned her… She was hoping to get caught up on the events she had missed, hence her visit. But the late hour had claimed her some time ago.

The gorgon sat up blearily, eyes blinking slowly, as the gnome entered the room. “Hello, Flowers. How are you?” She glanced around the room and gave a half-awake wave to Tranquil before stretching, her neck stiff. “And who needs to be told what?” She glanced between the two gnomes, dread dragging her heart to the pit of her stomach. “Did something happen?”

Carly Braff
    Participant

Tranquil has been sitting in silence for at least an hour just thinking about all that had happened. Trying to process it all.

She looked up at Flowers when she was asked a question. ” Not really. I mentioned that we gotta leave but thats all I got to”

Tranquil Breeze - Hand to the Ixian Envoy, Keeper of Fate

Megan Kendall
    Participant

“Oh.”

There was a definite weight to her tone. Flowers shifted her weight and sighed hard.

“There’s no easy way to say it so I’m just gonna,” she sighed again before calling down the hall a bit louder. “Mirror, you should hear this too.”

Flowers waited until the gnome came into the room.

“So Mal is coming by and collecting the kids,” she started, “and they’re gonna stay there for a while. Valen and Pup aren’t coming back. You guys gotta pack your things… when I get back from Ixia, I’m doing the same,” her voice cracked a moment.

“After we fought Kaz, Dimitri showed up and it was bad. Really bad… Everyone who had accepted power was taken over. I had to protect Violet. Valen had pulled me aside afterwards and told me I had to go home. The look he gave me, I knew. Tani died.”

Flowers didn’t allow time for interruption.

“She was attacked by the Court of Shadows on the way to Fit Bolg. William and I are going tonight to..,” Flowers took a moment to breathe, “..collect her remains and take them back home. Her spirit is with the Council of Light and she will continue to fight with us but she can never return home. So I’m going to tell her family. Both her and Valen confirmed that the Court knows where this place is. It isn’t safe here. I’m sorry.”

She closed her eyes and took a breath. There was nothing she could do to stop the tears from falling down her face.

Kyersten
    Participant

Striking Sun stared at Smiling Flowers, eyes wide. She sat stiffly upright, one shaky hand coming up to cover her mouth as her eyes began to water. “Tani… V’Tani is dead…” The whispered words felt wrong. A heavy weight settled on the gorgon’s chest. Her aunt, and one of her heroes, was gone.

… But she was murdered. Travelling. By the Court of Shadows. Suddenly, her rage spiked. She ripped the beads off her wrist and started twisting them in her hands, glaring at the door. “The Court of Shadows? That same group that met in Annie’s Inn not three, four moons ago? THEY killed her?” Her tone became sharper and sharper, but the gorgon caught herself. She pulled back, still counting the beads, but muttering the virtues under her breath. Going off now would help no one.

Megan Kendall
    Participant

It wasn’t long before the gnome’s sadness turned to anger again.

“Believe me. My fury knows no bounds but directionless anger will not help us now. More than ever we all need to be smart and safe. I unfortunately can’t linger long… William and I are gonna go get… We’re gonna go do the thing.”

She hoped she didn’t have to explain to the three of em that they were going to the scene.

Kyersten
    Participant

Sun’s grip on her beads tightened. Teeth clenched, she took a deep, shaking breath. “Let me come with you. Please. I can be ready to leave in two minutes.”

Try as she might, she was far from composed. But she needed to go home, and she needed to say goodbye.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.