A Mild Distraction (Open RP)

Home Forums Annie’s Inn A Mild Distraction (Open RP)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Squirrel! 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Jordan
    Participant

“Perth, you haven’t been here long I know. But, I’ve become exhausted with people telling me how I should feel…” The coward was too far in his own mind to notice Squirrel’s arrival or the blatant thievery of the stormbringer. He looked to his golemic hand. “Do you all take me for a fool? After all these years? One thing has always been certain, despite my choices: I make the harder decision for the betterment of all. I never said it was smart, or even the better choice. But its the one no one else is willing to do, much to my dismay. I’m not stupid. I realize the dangers of my choices. Ironically maybe that makes up for my cowardice, but if people could just trust me… Maybe I could make a difference. Our enemies have goals, yes. But not every enemy means to end the world. If we turned our enemies into allies, even temporary… It could be what we need. No matter how evil someone seems, there is still a desire, and in that could be a spark of light just waiting to coalesce. Demons, for example, didn’t choose to be born evil. Same as we didn’t decide to grow in the bog kingdom. But, fuck me right? I should just bend the knee and accept the failing ideals of this world like the rest of you meat puppets?” He looked to his audience, surprised and taken aback at the demonic assassin and forgetting his train of thought. “Squirrel!? Where-” he realized as well that his bottle was missing as he still had his flesh arm propped as if still holding something and noticed Delphie was chugging.

Nicholas Gritsipis
    Participant

As Eirwyn gave his piece, Perth simply watched Delphie take the bottle from the unknowing coward and began to howl with laughter when he was none the wiser at the end.

“Guess she didn’t give you a golemic brain eh?”

As he turned and saw the new arrival stride up, he slowed his laughter.

“Well hey there brotha, long time no see!”

He approached the non bitchy axe wielding warrior, saluting him.

“Long story short Kriteks gone and Portia is ashes. You find anything on your end?”

Squirrel!
    Participant

“So glad that my arrival is harkoned by broken glass.” Squirrel says joyfully as he lifts the axe off his neck and pokes at the shards of broken bottle with the spike of his axe’s head, digging in the dirt with it slightly before his gaze would rise to Perth. With a softened smirk he would return the salute by hanging his axe around his neck. Closing his fist he would place the closed hand over his heart and bow his head.

“Kritek, gone? That’s mildly worrying, and the world locks that were with him?” He would inquire, his eyes seeming to only pass with a mild bit of worry, but the worry is quickly replaced by excitement, clearly a new challenge was present in his mind. “Nihilus has been busy it seems.” A soft snicker, and eyes of joy, at the thought of the immortal killing immortal as terrifying as he is. His arm would shift slowly the demonic flesh all seeming to pulse a bit as he smiles comfortably before looking to Delphie.

“The tribe needed me. Garruk was bored on his own, it’s tough being a lonely hunter of The Great Turtle. Great Turtles need a Bear, or a Wolf to balance out their slow and steady paces. Which reminds me!” He snickers as he plucks at his necklace, “We did a thing with the tribe and now I carry the Bear with me wherever I go!” He aluded to Delphie’s want to make Squirrel a follower of The Unsmiling One, by simply and bluntly stating that apparently his own ‘god’ had begun accepting followers.

“Is Eirwyn remarking upon his own terrible decisions that made him a stronger warrior? At the cost of what was it? Almost all of his soul?” He remarks upon Eirwyns ranting. “You’re all going to be fine. Squirrel is back, and nothing can stop me. I no longer have anything holding me back!”

"Everyone just calls me: Squirrel... or Squirrel the Ballista if you're feeling titles!"

Shelby Miller
    Participant

It had been a while since anyone had seen the infamous Squirrel. Surely most would think he was in search for the great Ballista but Delphie Cu Gohrrim knew the Grimm truth including the reasoning his arm was cloaked in darkness and disaster. The blonde took another long drink from the stolen bottle before speaking back to him. Her tone containing her usual sass but truthfulness. “His WorldLocks we assume went back to their homes in the North and South. It’ll only be a matter of time till someone replaces his position or the King of Gold takes the reins. “ The warrior stated matter of factly as she still stood upon the tower while Perth came down to greet the other wild elf. Delphie instead felt no need to move below and take away from the glorious sun rays. Surely there was something about wild elves needing sunlight like trees.

“ I don’t suppose you or your brother have any recently discovered, earth shattering weapons or magical items from that bear God of yours that can take down Lector? He’s making white the fucking mess up North. “ the elf eared girl called down to him, her hand on the bottles neck as she gave a serious look to the boy of elven race.

<span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>“Hope your here to stay and help. It’s not going to be easy these next few moons. Might be our last actually. Hell even the coward knows that.” The casual talk of death surely would make other uncomfortable but to her it was as simple as that. She could see the dark times were closing in. Either they were going to snuff them all out like a candle or they would survive. They all could attempt to distract themselves of the future but it was only a matter of time till they faced it.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Dyed Woman ~ Hand of the Enovy of Fir’ Bolg

Bitch of the Bolg

Nicholas Gritsipis
    Participant

At the mention of Lector, the young duelist took pause. Any smile left on his face was quickly replaced by the reminder of the war in the north. ‘It would be any day now’, he thought silently. All the setbacks, all the waiting. The pause before catharsis was always the worst torture. He quickly realized he lost composure, and cockily shrugged his shoulders.

“Didnt you just hear the man? We got nothin to fear long as squirrels here! Your axes, his brawn, my charm, and Eirwyns legs? They plus the towns nearly flawless planning are enough to give any undead horde pause!”

Perth began laughing again, though it seemed forced. Even he couldn’t deny that all things must die, and most people dont deal well seeing their own ending staring back at them. Still, it beats demons.

Squirrel!
    Participant

“Earth shattering weapons? Magical Items?” Squirrel’s face would tickle with amusement as he slammed the axe into the ground with his demonic hand, before striking a pose and flexing dramatically. “We have the most powerful Earth Shattering weapon right here, Squirrel, the Ballista. And as far as magical items? I wouldn’t call them items per say, but we have the most magical thing of all. We have, as lame as it is, the power of togetherness. It gives us Strength that towers above the Great Bear, gives us Resilience harder than the shell of the Great Turtle,” his flex ends momentarily to pick up his axe, and slam it into a tree, making himself a seat with which to sit, the axe pretty sturdily built as he smirks, “and with a pack like this, even the Great Wolf howls jealousy.” He smiles. His lines were cheesy, but each word hung tightly with his positive attitude, his energetic nature, his willpower that even death was only a mild inconvenience for warriors like him or his brother.

“I tangled with Lector, when I first saw him. I poked him into a rage that had him chasing me down. If Garruk were here me and him would gladly toe-to-toe with the Immortals, no special weapons for slaying them, just sheer brute force the likes of which only the Shadow Riders could unleash.” He smiles seeming to day dream up the scene of him and his brother both tangling with the various immortals in combat before shuddering excitedly. “Such visions give me life. The thrill of battle, the stench of death, the bones of the dead.” His words were poetic in his dreamy state, if there was one thing that truly never died in Squirrel or his Brother, it was their love of fighting, and bloodshed, another shudder and he would stand up, fanning himself dramatically. “You all have me riled up properly for fighting, I’m very excited now, the anticipation. These will far from be our final days because with bloodshed and chaos like this, I thrive and push onward into the throes of death, let the Soul Well come for me for I will not go down with even the slightest modicum of a whimper.” Pulling the axe free he would hang it around his neck again, the thoughts of combat already energizing the warrior assassin greatly, even with all of the bloodshed him and Garruk unleash in their time together, his itch for more was always present.

"Everyone just calls me: Squirrel... or Squirrel the Ballista if you're feeling titles!"

Shelby Miller
    Participant

The brown haired elf’s speech was something. Delphie would give him that. Whether that something was good or bad, she revealed in the next few moments after Squirrel’s performance of a speeches regard togetherness and himself in all his posing glory ended. “Well, we’re fucked…” the blonde warrior worry responded back, not knowing if she should just chug the rest of this bottle and mash it over his head or not. The idea tempted her as Squirrel seemed overly joyful, perhaps even ranting like a certain previous Riverfolk Hand. “and you. Don’t encourage him.” The blonde added towards Perth’s direction, her head shaking.

“We have Flame Reaver and I know lots of troops and formula’s for Death-bane weapons had been sent up north….

Delphie spoke out loud, trying to think past sips of the bottle. Her eyes frequently eying up the eyes of the eccentric elven boy in front of her. He seemed as eager as ever to dance the deadly dance with the immortal ripping up everything up North. His blood running hot with a bloodlust for battle and war. At was truly a wonder how this boy was not of Gohrrim blood as the sparkling in his eyes for the exchange of death was as her people. The golden haired girl shook her head but with a smile. “We need to find out how Lector is getting his information. Then we can plan on how to handle that.” Delphie continued looking to each friend. She doubt Lector was getting their information from any of them, Hell she doubted most people in Freehold would even attempt to work with the a monstrous prick like Lector.

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Dyed Woman ~ Hand of the Enovy of Fir’ Bolg

Bitch of the Bolg

Jordan
    Participant

“What if he is similar to Tenebrous?” Eirwyn had been quiet for some time in deep thought, but the question of the undead lord’s sources piqued his curiosity. “Like, if everyone he raises from the dead somehow feeds him information? Portia could have asked many questions to the Kenrei King when she demonified him, maybe the undead Lector creates are no longer mindless. Imagine not just raising those he defeats, but also all those that have passed away over the six previous ages.” The realization gave birth to an unsettling anxiety within him. There was death, but then there was undeath. The worry raised his body temperature enough that he began to move his double-coat and scarf to give way to breathing. “Death-bane helps our armies as much as mortal-bane helps our enemies. Yes, it is a weakness that can exploit our defensive measures, and can cause us enough pain to prevent our casting- but we’ve overcome such attacks time and again, and we’re novices in the face of master of the centuries. If Lector has gained the intelligence of all those he raises, then he is a larger threat than we could have imagined. For once I hope I’m wrong about my theory…”

Nicholas Gritsipis
    Participant

Perth sat back down on the stairs of the tower, a soft creak rocking the step. He produced a whiskey canteen from his pouch with his initials on them: P M. He opened it and tried to take a sip, only to realize he was dry. After a long sigh he stuffed it back into the bag and instead started fiddling with something else inside.

“Would any of you care on a bit of a bet? Im in the mood to make bad decisions, as usual, and am curious to know what you all think of our esteemed scythe wielding friend. Do you think Nihilus might make an appearance and split some undead lives up north? 10 gold says he does.”

Perth produced next a quill and journal from his satchel and had already written down everyones names in an almost noble looking manner. It would be safe to assume hes had to forge the signature of a few higher ups in the past and perhaps likes their style.

Squirrel!
    Participant

“I would, but I get a feeling our scythe wielding “End of the World”, is going to be lingering around Freehold. I feel like he’s catching on to the Immortals Assaulting Freehold, and his best bet to catch them would be hanging around Freehold itself.” Says Squirrel, his tone finally becoming less whimsical and silly, more serious and thoughtful. His tongue pushes against his lips, rubbing between his teeth slowly as thoughts grazed his mind in scattered waves. Leaning upon his axe heavily, his arms would cross slowly, his head lowering and supporting his chin on his forearms. His lips would tuck slightly in a brief sneer before he would shake his head.

“I think all the Immortals have the capacity to see through their creations, or obtain knowledge from them in some way or another. It really only makes sense.” A brief shrug of his shoulders, and the Tall Elf’s eyes would close, his arm seeming to become a bit passive as he begins humming a soft tune, pressing his lips against the corrupted flesh. The melody was almost peaceful, but at the same time ominous. As quickly as the song had begun, it ended before his eyes would open and he would shake his head.

“Can we get our hands on Death-Bane weaponry? Or even the Formulas somehow? Because we’re going to need them… and maybe some Anti-Nihilus Shielding, because he’s gonna come for Lector and we’re gonna get our skulls punched in in the process.” His speaking ends with a hum of thought, “I wonder if anything is in Tenebrous’ vault still… some kind of key to all of this. More things, less tentacles.”

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.