2018 Event Highlights (svps)

Home Forums Events 2018 Event Highlights (svps)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jordan 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matt Wagner
    Keymaster

“Primus has fallen, proving that even Immortals can die.”

Answer the questions below and you will receive up to five service points per question. 

Questions should require no more than a paragraph to answer. Please write in complete sentences. Short answers that do not answer the question completely will be given less credit when Service points are rewarded.     

**To receive a reward for these specific questions you must have attended the November 2018 event.

1. What was the most immersive experience for you during 2018 and why?
    2. Who was your favorite NPC villan of 2018? Why do they stand out in your memory?
    3. What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2018? Is that because of mechanics, story ramifications, or something else?
    4. ** What was your favorite role-play encounter in November 2018? Why?
    5. ** What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most during the November 2018 event? How so?
    6. ** What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most during the November 2018 event? How so?

THIS SVP OFFER EXPIRES ON 1-1-2019 at 12am.

Matt Wagner -- Game Director of Seventh Kingdom IGE

Nicholas Gritsipis
    Participant

What was the most immersive experience for you during 2018 and why?

The most immersive experience for me during 2018 was being called out by all the other boggers for Perths BS. It caught me totally offguard when Onora lured me outside and beat me down before dragging me to the trial.  Having everyone voicing their complaints against Perth and voting for his fate was by far the most intense moment yet for me.

Who was your favorite NPC villan of 2018? Why do they stand out in your memory?

Enzo. Maybe not a super big world ending threat like Nihilus, but on a character to character level, he messed with Perth. Throughout the lava mod, Perth was, as usual, trying to be flashy. It got to the point where he ran back in despite dying already once and being rezzed, just out of spite.  Eventually, I was the last person inside since I didn’t realize that the box was already taken. Neither did Enzo. As he threatened to cut the rope, which would punish Perths arrogance, we got into an argument. Eventually, when I escaped, there was a moment where Perth and Enzo just got face to face and without saying a word made threats to each other. He pushed me back, and the others broke it up, but since then I can’t help thinking about how tense it was.

What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2018? Is that because of mechanics, story ramifications, or something else?

My favorite main mod was the November one. Not only for the memes that came from Primus’ well thought out and rational decision to try and persuade Nihilus, but for the combat. I was totally outclassed by the npc’s in terms of skills and abilities, so I relied solely on taking cheap shots and surviving as long as possible. Everything was the perfect level of hectic and insurmountably hard.

** What was your favorite role-play encounter in November 2018? Why?

The King Priest part of the attack on the domains. I had nothing to do with him, but everyones emotions were running so high it was incredible. Nayesh spamming his heals on him five minutes after trying to kill him out of desperation really stands out to me in particular. I really love the moments where no decision is going to be perfect, but you must make one.

** What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most during the November 2018 event? How so?

Would making memes about Nihilus count as interacting with him? I really do need to commend the acting on Nihilus. No words needed to be spoken for everyone to be terrified of him. The amount of theories that are being made about this character with 5 minutes of playtime and 2 words spoken are ludicrous. Best NPC hype yet honestly.

** What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most during the November 2018 event? How so?

My favorite mod in November was the Council of Light one. I got to take an angelic figure through the Aether at the beginning, so you know it was good. The sillyness of Artemis digging up the bone and fighting to keep it was great as well. The fight mechanics were also really nice, with people trying to hit the wards. Just an overall enjoyable experience.

Maria Paleologo
    Participant
    1. What was the most immersive experience for you during 2018 and why?

Most likely the four day event. Even with NPCing Thursday night and Friday morning, being in character for so long really took me into my character’s head. From the string trap maze on Friday night leading to the Court of Shadows fight and being woken up to “Go fuck up a wisp” (it was releasing Tenebrous), really kept me in the experience the whole time.

1. Who was your favorite NPC villan of 2018? Why do they stand out in your memory?

I’m going to save gushing about Tenebrous for later, so I’ll mention Zaalamon for this one. For one reason or another (maybe because of how easily hatable Jeff NPCs can be), Zaalamon and Malindra despised each other. To the point that rational thought was often replaced with “I gotta fuck that douche up!” Seeing him again from the soul well recently because of Lecter’s fuckery really tipped it over.

1. What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2018? Is that because of mechanics, story ramifications, or something else?

I wish I could say this last event, but I was asleep. I really enjoyed July’s main mod, when we had to protect the nodes against Portia and Tenebrous. From the mechanics of the fight, the towns efforts to ward the nodes, and everyone in town looking at me suspciously as I cosied up to Tenebrous even during a battle. Even the “twist” that we “most definitly won guys, don’t question the silver dome,” made it a great main mod for me.

1. ** What was your favorite role-play encounter in November 2018? Why?

Look I really like Tenebrous, but I’m gonna save all my gushing for the next question. But I do have to say, no matter how short, I loved my interaction with the Inthian Lore demon this last month. Getting to talk in circles with Wags and then just having a serious moment of asking him if he was my demonic ancestor. I didn’t get an answer, but it definitly gave me incentive to see about seeing what that price tag might be in the future.

1. ** What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most during the November 2018 event? How so?

I will now take this time to gush about Tenebrous. From the beginning of their appearance this year, I’ve taken every opportunity to role play with them. From accepting their mark, explaining away why I don’t have the mark anymore, I’ve loved every talk I’ve had with them. And then, I feel like our relationship culminated this moon when they were attacking the nodes. I had just dumped a lot if gold and time into Production and they were targeting that particular node, I say helplessly, “No not that one!” “Why not?” “…. Because I really like it? Could you do a different one?” “… Yea ok.” And Tenebrous went to a different one. I just personally feel like it was the perfect culmination of the last few months of building a relationship with them.

1. ** What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most during the November 2018 event? How so?

Am I allowed to count how all of staffpack was in on my engagement? Because I haven’t stopped smiling for weeks now. But in actual mods, I enjoyed NPCing the Council of Light mod. It was a lot of fun to set up, and interesting to see how everything was handled. I also greatly enjoyed Father’s mod, the PCs were just too rude to let him finish his song.

"When you have three, you have three. When you have two, you have two. When you have one, you have none." Night wisp riddle

Shelby Miller
    Participant

What was the most immersive experience for you during 2018 and why?

This is a very difficult question as I feel like I find myself immersive at pretty much every event. I find that mods or interactions with people that have me truly feeling any sort of emotions in and out are the most influential and immersive.

I felt super immersed when fighting Kaz and hiding out with his armor with West for an hour in Jotunbrud church in fear of the armor being given to the wrong person.

I was super immersed when Delphie final found out that Zanza was the cazadora as well. Those tears!

I’ve felt sorrow when PCs have died, I’ve felt anger when characters have betrayed. I’ve felt fear in the Council of Light mod, joy when Primus died, and even battle rage when taunting and fighting enemies through the weekends.

This LARP can be an emotional rollercoaster and don’t ever stop it : )

Who was your favorite NPC villain of 2018? Why do they stand out in your memory?

Oh dear, there were so many big baddies in 2018. I can’t narrow it down to 1 so I will give you my top 3 people. Surprisingly Primus doesn’t fit in this list even though technically he is Delphie’s big bad…I mean was…

1.) Dimitri: I found his entire presence be truly haunting and really stood out from all the foes we have battled this year. He and the Court of Shadows had been a really fun and challenging enemy for Freehold to fight. Seeing him in the Circus had been intimidating but when he was in the flesh fighting us, that had been worrisome.

2.)Tenebrous: I love their entire personality. The immortal that is truly everywhere. I like the concept that different people can play a version of Tenebrous as well as the character is truly the unbodied. Being stuck in the dome by Tenebrous was truly a plot twist I didn’t expect.

3.) X: I liked X a lot. I think this also has to do with me NPCing that month and being on his team for the big fight. I like his overall costume presence. He had a very master pulling the puppets feel. I also liked his attempt in threatening people individually.

** Special shout out to Lore Demon (X2.0, Dapper Demon) for being super beyond creepy that makes me want to either hide and/or start swinging at you.

What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2018? Is that because of mechanics, story ramifications, or something else?

My favorite Main mod would have to be the get X out of the Nursery. I liked the concept that initiates of the CoL were involved with sealing light into the cracks of the nursery. Fighting the world destroyers and other nasties in the nursery was a lot of fun. I also liked the rp from Maeve leading us into Main Mod and following Main Mod.

I enjoyed the May’s 4-day event’s main mods. I loved NPCing and fighting as a packed bound assassin against Freehold on Friday Night. I have all the respect for staff who spend the entire weekend getting their asses kicked mod after mod and then go into Main Mod like total bad asses. On Saturday main mod being back as a PC had been super enjoyable too. Defending the wards from Tenebrous had been a blast as it was the first time I saw such a cruel use of Domination.

This event had an amazing main mod! Ugh so many enemies and so much fighting. At one point I looked around and really wondered how the hell Freefolk were still standing.

** What was your favorite role-play encounter in November 2018? Why?

My favorite roleplay encounter in November would have to be the emotion high when saving the King Priest from Tenebrous’ control. Nayesh was truly hell bent on killing him by order of his Church and stubborn me wouldn’t let that happen. The rp that followed was gold. Man was I pissed to almost be impaled by the Gotterdammerung flag.

The constant back and forth I had with pretty much all of Freehold throughout the weekend had been a lot of fun as well. Delphie was in a pretty savage mood and I thought it was great that a lot of people threw it right back at her. The jokes, mocking, and banter had me speechless. I blame Flowers, Devlin, Traquil, Asch, and Darby the most XD

** What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most during the November 2018 event? How so?

All the immortals. You all were absolutely amazing. From the video prologue to see you all on the field together. It was truly a sight to see. A frightening sight but a sight no less. You all interacted so well with each other and having three immortals walk towards you in Main mod was very very scary. One down, 6 to go? XD

Seeing Aggamar and Dagamar again was a nice little surprise. When Brother Jagen announced who we were fighting I was pumped since they kicked my ass the last time I had fought them. This was like a second go at them for redemption and I got really into the fighting. I love seeing past enemies!

** What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most during the November 2018 event? How so?

Hmmm, I would say the Council of Light mod on Friday night was pretty fun. I think as a group we all did pretty good and Artemis’ digging up the body part and having it hang from her mouth with Jaxxor speechless was super funny.

Also dying in the Father mod was surprisingly amusing. Note to self, do not run into enemy territory away from all friends to get a few hits on Father. It doesn’t work out well. Looks like Violet and Delphie are even now since I lost hold of her in the Lava Mod ^^; It was a fun mod none the less and I regret nothing (okay, maybe dying)

Delphie Cu Gohrrim~ Dyed Woman ~ Fir’ Bolg

Bitch of the Bolg

Jordan
    Participant

<b>What was the most immersive experience for you during 2018 and why?
    </b><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>BASEMENT MOD. The props, the music, the setting, the tone; it was FLAWLESS. Nothing immerses people more than fear I think, and that’s my personal most immersive experience. I still remember my and Shelby’s screams for the whole ordeal. Bang up job. Thank god for Konstantin and Auranthiel keeping us in check. I still facepalm when I recall screwing the numbers up. xD</span>

<b>Who was your favorite NPC villain of 2018? Why do they stand out in your memory?
    </b><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>The following is based on my personal perceptions and assumptions:</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>So, I had a few favorites and I want to mention one that isn’t at least bias to my character. xD Of course, I’m personally bias toward Dmitri and Fang-Zhara due to in-game interactions, and also memes/jokes. On a more serious note, something I appreciated (from my perspective) was the quirks to their characters. Dmitri was following orders, but he seemed to care less about results and more about loyalty. It was Shadows that punished those that failed missions, but it wasn’t until everyone got rid of the pact that Dmitri stepped in. Loved the interactions with Dmitri and his ‘star pupil.’ My favorite memory was February event when he and his forces caught up to the DarkPactbound in the hinterlands and requested them to return to him. It was particularly hard for me cuz I wanted Eirwyn to rejoin him, but because of interactions among characters over the moons he just couldn’t. Unfortunately, Eirwyn couldn’t save Dmitri in the end, which leads to my other bias: Fang-Zhara. I don’t know if I can really call her a ‘villain’ because I see her more as a retaliating victim; however, it IS true that we have fought against her forces this year so I’ll count her. I think my favorite memory caters to the adaptability of the staff of 7k, and you can see it in the June 2018 highlights of others as well! Of course, the ‘heroes’ of Freehold can’t make it easy, but I love that DURING COMBAT a diplomatic solution that wasn’t even considered prior had taken place. (There’s arguments back and forth if it was necessary, but personally I think in the end it made for a better story.) </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Okay. NOW, the unbiased favorite villain: I honestly can’t decide among Primus, Shadows, or the Super Riddle Demon. I appreciate all the mediums of villainy. My favorite memories for each are short but impacting. Primus always had this presence that was both intimidating and compelling. We WANTED to talk to him, but we were always cautious because we never knew what to expect of him. He’s like the Rumplestiltskin (from Once Upon a Time) of 7k to me; making deals and dropping knowledge to manipulate us to do what he wants us to do. My favorite memory is his unleashing the nursery on us and Ulrich recognizing the chant and trying to stop him. With Shadows, my favorite memory is when he ordered the court of shadows to merc each other; it showed his influence over us and just how deep and dark the path we chose was- especially when he, his goons, and Dmitri came to town and rekt everyone. Last, but certainly not least; Wag’s Riddle Demon. MAN WHEN HE WAS ON THOSE DOCKS AND MAKING SPOOKY ROCKING AND SPLASHES. IT WAS DARK AND TERRIFYING. I HAD FLASHBACKS OF BASEMENT MOD. But I appreciate the character being civil and sophisticated. I haven’t interacted with him much (albeit not for lack of trying) but I’d love to have a conversation with him if I weren’t so compelled to vanquish him. XD</span>

<b>What was your favorite “main mod” encounter in 2018? Is that because of mechanics, story ramifications, or something else?
    </b><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>It’s again a tie between two things: first main mod of May and first main mod of June. When the Justicar went up against X and we ALMOST LOST HIM was INSANELY nail-biting, but we persevered. I personally love physical obstacles, and it made things much more intense when the Justicar showed up while half of us were still going through the maze. The RP during the mod with Dmitri and the finale of Light VS Darkness was amazing and the mechanics were clear and accomplishable. Loved every bit of this mod. Lights, music, tone; I can’t say enough about the quality of mods at 7k. As for June event, as I mentioned before, the biggest thing I found to appreciate is staff’s ability to adapt to the decisions of the players flawlessly. The mod was a little tough because not many people at the time could deal with conjurations; at the time it was just Nayesh cuz I think Auranthiel was NPCing? But there were alternate solutions like using Master Assassinate and It’s a Trap, so it worked out. Unfortunately, time was running thin so we needed a new plan and it worked out! I feel that if we thwarted FZ there, we may not have gained her as an ally for moons to follow thereafter. (While she was present during the onslaught in July, I don’t think she was necessarily on Tenebrous’ side- especially afterwards.)</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>** </span><b>What was your favorite role-play encounter in November 2018? Why?
    </b><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>The heroic-wannabe and his wife with Jack, Ring, Squirrel, and West. LITERALLY THE WORST EXAMPLES for helping someone become a hero. It was hilarious how each of us had a different idea of going about the problem: the farmer’s wife wanted him to stop his madness, so we compromised our ideas. By doing ALL of them. Beat him up. Suggested he get a home-gym. Convinced him that the Freefolk ‘Heroes’ are nothing without the commoners: farmers, merchants, productionists, etc. And also granted some gold and treasure to help with the farm. Hopefully he and his wife were far from Nihilus when he arrived.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>** </span><b>What NPCs did you enjoy interacting with the most during the November 2018 event? How so?
    </b><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>The old crones with Valen, Gil, Konstantin, and briefly Darby. It was just so funny and a good break from the serious tone that we’d been facing. The 4th wall breaks caught me off-guard and I couldn’t keep a straight face at all during it all. The letter Eirwyn got and hit talk with Valen got me in the mindset that I should be careful of how Eirwyn presents himself because they were probably stingy mean people and what we got were cooky (hilarious) hags.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>** </span><b>What mod or random encounter did you enjoy the most during the November 2018 event? How so?
    </b><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Main mod was INSANE. (in a good way) It was cold, I heard there were technical difficulties and all sorts of other issues but it shows just how hard staff works to produce the quality content that they strive for. Despite the time and setbacks, the environment (ritual, lights, music), mechanics (simon lights), enemies (seeing all the old enemies we fought throughout the year), allies (it’s not often we see a chunk of allies, but we had Vallah, Fang-Zhara, Jade, Kyle Rumblend, and those are just the ones I noticed), and THE FINALE. The theatrics and role-play were all just *MWAH!!* (Words aren’t enough.) It was truly INSPIRING. And my god; the memes and theories that followed. You guys have outdone yourselves! Pat yourselves on the back, and each others backs, and also turn around so we can pat you on the back too! (Well- I mean, with permission for physical role-play of course.) <3</span>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.